Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Route to Ryle?

Featured Replies

There looks to be a few good ways to get to Ryle from Louisville:

 

1) Go interstate all the way to exit 175 (1st exit after I-71 & I-75 merge) then west to Ryle.

2) Take I-71 to exit 62 or 72 then over to US 42 and up to Ryle

3) Take I-71 to exit 44 over to Carrollton then along the Ohio up US 42 to Ryle - a few minutes longer but more scenic

 

Anyone like one plan better than the others?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would use exit 178 but I've never been the way off exit 175:

 

Take I-75 North to Exit 178/Mt. Zion Road.

Turn left off the exit ramp onto Mt. Zion Road/Route 536

Drive west approximately 2.5 miles to the intersection of Mt. Zion Road and US 42.

Turn left at the light onto US 42. Ryle is down a little way on the right.

I would use exit 178 but I've never been the way off exit 175:

 

Take I-75 North to Exit 178/Mt. Zion Road.

Turn left off the exit ramp onto Mt. Zion Road/Route 536

Drive west approximately 2.5 miles to the intersection of Mt. Zion Road and US 42.

Turn left at the light onto US 42. Ryle is down a little way on the right.

 

This is the best way..

Exit 175 turn Left go to the 2nd light (Between Pilot gas station and Penn Station it is called Frogtown Connector) turn right, stay on that road until it ends (runs next to the intertate) Turn Left you are on Frogtown Road and will run into Ryle High school. This is the easiest route off the interstate and has less traffic. Mt Zion ext 178 you go north and back track , and run into traffic on Mt Zion and 42. I would recommend this route to anyone coming to Ryle, because you avoid 42 entirely.

Exit 175 turn Left go to the 2nd light (Between Pilot gas station and Penn Station it is called Frogtown Connector) turn right, stay on that road until it ends (runs next to the intertate) Turn Left you are on Frogtown Road and will run into Ryle High school. This is the easiest route off the interstate and has less traffic. Mt Zion ext 178 you go north and back track , and run into traffic on Mt Zion and 42. I would recommend this route to anyone coming to Ryle, because you avoid 42 entirely.
Much too confusing. Would not recommend this at all. I would recommend exiting Mt. Zion, left turn (west to rt. 42,) left turn at rt. 42 and Ryle will be on right around 1/2 mile.

I would get off the Verona exit on 71 and make a left and follow it till you get to 42 and make a right on to 42 then Ryle will be on the left about 10 miles up the road lot less traffic that way.

If you're coming south, take Rt. 42 to Ryle.

 

If you're traveling north, take Mt. Zion Rd.

 

We should warn you about the "Crush Trinity" yard sign along Mt. Zion though. :D

  • Author

Looks to me like exit 62 over to US 42 would be fine also. Aerial shot of Ryle HS looks like there is plenty of parking at the school?

You could exit in Walton cut over to Route 17 past SK....(it will be dark there) thru Independence past UK fan's house (it will be light there because he's home) and to I-275 then back to I-75......a little longer but might be worth it? JK, UK....having a little fun here to keep it interesting !

You could exit in Walton cut over to Route 17 past SK....(it will be dark there) thru Independence past UK fan's house (it will be light there because he's home) and to I-275 then back to I-75......a little longer but might be worth it? JK, UK....having a little fun here to keep it interesting !

 

I was trying to come up with something clever like this but I'm glad I didn't try because it would not have been as good as yours. Impressive.

Exit 175 turn Left go to the 2nd light (Between Pilot gas station and Penn Station it is called Frogtown Connector) turn right, stay on that road until it ends (runs next to the intertate) Turn Left you are on Frogtown Road and will run into Ryle High school. This is the easiest route off the interstate and has less traffic. Mt Zion ext 178 you go north and back track , and run into traffic on Mt Zion and 42. I would recommend this route to anyone coming to Ryle, because you avoid 42 entirely.

 

I live south of Ryle. I think this is the fastest way. Plus there are many places to eat at the Richwood exit.

I would get off the Verona exit on 71 and make a left and follow it till you get to 42 and make a right on to 42 then Ryle will be on the left about 10 miles up the road lot less traffic that way.

 

Man, I thought you would say go to Independence so you can see where T should be playing. Then turn around and drive to Ryle.:D

 

It would have been a classic post.

Man, I thought you would say go to Independence so you can see where T should be playing. Then turn around and drive to Ryle.:D

 

It would have been a classic post.

 

I should have I thought about saying get off the Sparta exit and across the bridge down in Warsaw then head north to 2-75.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.