Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County/Bell County Predictions

Who wins? 102 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Bell County
      50%
    • Boyle County
      49%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Let's get it started. The one we have waited all year for. Again. For the 3rd and last time for at least the next few years Boyle and Bell County meet up in the State Semifinals. Round 3 is at Log Mountain this year. Bell County is easily the favorite this time around and with home field advantage their case as the favorite is really strong. Other than Trinity they are arguably playing better than anyone else in the state and IMO should be ranked #2 in all statewide polls. They have a strong and experienced team that will have a chip on their shoulder from last year's defeat at Boyle County. They have talented and very very fast running back Cory Davenport. They have a stout hard hitting defense. They have a great coach. They are the only team that has beaten Larry French as the Boyle County Coach. They have played extremely well since Week 0 and seem to be peaking right now as we speak. That being said..........

 

 

 

 

I am going to say 17-15 Boyle County. We kick the field goal this time.:D

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Bell's passing game? The last two teams with potent passing attacks (Lone Oak and Lex Cath) have shredded Boyle.

Also... what is Bell's run defense like? Im guessing that Johnson Central had the best rushing attack on their schedule to date. How did they fare against Jude?

  • Author

Bell County has a good to great passing game. I wouldn't put their passing attack on the level of Lone Oak and tonight's LexCath team but it is a dangerous passing attack and it is definitely a passing attack capable of beating Boyle County if Boyle County covers the pass the way we did tonight. Anyone who believes that Bell County can't pass the ball is a fool. Their passing stats don't show how well they can pass the ball. LexCath and Lone Oak's passing attacks are similar and Bell County's has been a little different but going into this game I am not worried about Bell's ability to run on us, I am worried about how well they will pass the ball on us. We will need to be on our toes all night. I expect us to rise to the challenge.

Do you expect to be able to slow down Davenport and be able to focus on the pass? That would be my biggest worry defensively.

  • Author
Do you expect to be able to slow down Davenport and be able to focus on the pass? That would be my biggest worry defensively.

 

I expect us to. They may be able to use the pass to get him the ball in the open field. That is my fear. Davenport in open field.

How is Bell's passing game? The last two teams with potent passing attacks (Lone Oak and Lex Cath) have shredded Boyle.

Also... what is Bell's run defense like? Im guessing that Johnson Central had the best rushing attack on their schedule to date. How did they fare against Jude?

 

Purple's already covered things well. Bell shut down Jude and JC much better than Boyle did. The only thing as a Rebel I would hang my hat on is that our game was the first of the year at JC. Bell's was about the 4th game at Bell. Almost hard to gauge apples to apples with those factors.

 

I think Bell's defense is rock solid. (apology to Bell fans for the "rock" reference :D) NO ONE has moved the ball consistently on them all year.

 

I hope it will be a slugfest like the last 2 years because I believe this Bell squad is the best we have faced this far. If we don't play our A+ game I don't see the Rebels advancing. :thumb:

Boyle and Bell are ranked where they should be.They are both strong football teams.Just not as strong as Ryle or Highlands imo. Good luck to both teams.

This will be a great matchup. Boyle Co is the favorite until they are beaten. I expect another close game just like the last 2.

Does anyone have stats on each teams run defense for the last 13 games?

I'm going to say Boyle Co. 21 Bell Co. 17. My main concern for Boyle in this game is not to let Bell Co. get into their heads. I went to the game last year at Boyle, and Bell Co. tried to intimadate the Rebels before the game, (ie running down the Home side line to warmups, that big Helmet they wanted to run out of, but weren't allowed to). To a certain extent I think it may have affected the Rebels in the first half, they settled down in the second half and won the game. I think Coach French will do a very good job preparing for this game, I would be surprised if He hasn't been for a couple of weeks now. GOOD LUCK REBELS!:thumb:

Bell Co. wins this game, not too many teams go to Log Mtn. and leave happy. 21-17 Bell.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.