Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 27 Pike County Central 21

Featured Replies

  • Author

Russell was behind 21-7 at one point in this game.

 

Congrats to the Red Devils on the win.

Congratulations to Coach McGlone and staff on the victory.

Wow what an uspset.

Not really.

In my opinion, this was the biggest win for the Russell program since the 2006 shutout win at Belfry to go to the state finals. Few expected them to win this one.

 

If you're a Russell fan, the story of the game was the heart of this Russell team. The game played out like a fight in a Rocky movie with Russell getting knocked down and barely getting up after Pike County Central hit a long TD pass with 8 seconds left in the first half to take a 21-7 lead into the locker room. The small Russell crowd in attendance was left shocked and silent.

 

Russell came out, though, with some inspired play on both sides of the ball in the 2nd half to get up off the canvas and get the win over the favored Hawks. They made the crowd start to believe in them and support them again like I honestly haven't seen since that game in the 2006 season. What an impressive performance by this group of players. I'm sure every Russell fan is proud of them as I am. It was the first Russell game I've been to that made my 4-year-old son say he wants to play for Russell someday.

 

The entire team fought extremely hard, but Joel Korzep has to be mentioned at the top of the list. He ran the ball like a warrior tonight. Good job by the coaching staff coming after the Pike County Central QB with a few blitzes and great job by players like Paul Spradlin fighting to get there just enough to make a difference.

 

If you're a Pike County Central fan, however, you've got to be disappointed in the penalties on the final drives of the game, particularly a 15 yard face mask penalty that gave Russell a new set of downs on the game winning drive. You've also got to be disappointed that a potent offense with a very talented QB stalled for the entire 2nd half.

 

Russell travels to Sheldon Clark next week, but they need to enjoy this one until they get back to work on Monday. They deserve it. Good job Red Devils.

Glad to see Russell win this one. Karma.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

With the few people in attendance, it was as silent of a stadium as I've ever heard when Dehoff went down. He came back into the game so I guess he's OK, but I was sure starting to worry about basketball season. They've already lost Luke Bailey and can't afford to lose any more rebounders.

With the few people in attendance, it was as silent of a stadium as I've ever heard when Dehoff went down. He came back into the game so I guess he's OK, but I was sure starting to worry about basketball season. They've already lost Luke Bailey and can't afford to lose any more rebounders.

 

 

What happened to Luke?

What happened to Luke?

 

I think a shoulder injury? That's at least what I heard from a friend of a friend who read some message board rumors. :-) I do know he is out for the entire basketball season, though.

Congrats to the Red Devils!

Congratulations to the Red Devils and their fans! Good luck next week.

Not really.

 

Why do you say that. I thought that PC was better than Russell. Maybe all of the cloud surrounding PC had something to do with it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.