Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the better QB to come out of Conner High, Nick West or Trevor Stellman?

Featured Replies

Your thoughts and rulings on this one...

 

:idunno::idunno::idunno::idunno:

Edited by Birdsfan

Trevor Stellman ... and this shouldn't be as close as it will probably end up.

  • Author
Trevor Stellman ... and this shouldn't be as close as it will probably end up.

 

Why do you say that?

They were both very capable QB's. I call it a draw.

Why do you say that?

 

Which part?

IMO ..

Trevor was a much better passer (the stats may not show--because Conner actually understood the importance of a running game at the time). He didn't rely on just 1 to 4 yard passes--while the receivers did all the work.

He could (and actually did) throw the ball all over the field--and had a better grasp of all throws outside of the Bubble.

Trevor was a much tougher runner (again--the stats may not show because, at the time, Conner actually understood the importance of a running game outside of the QB running the ball when they did run)

Trevor was gritty tough ... significantly tougher than any QB in the past 20 years at Conner.

 

The current Conner supporters will throw out a bunch of stats ... which I basically countered already above. (And most of those stats should be more equally attributed to athletes like William Englemon and Anthony Boden as opposed to Nick West anyway).

 

But the answer remains .. if I have to pick a QB to play at Conner over the past 24 years ... it would be Trevor Stellman every day of the week ... and a million times on Friday night.

  • Author
They were both very capable QB's. I call it a draw.

 

I agree with you Roman Empire.

I agree with you Roman Empire.

 

Not even close ..

If I have to explain my opinion ... maybe you guys should say why you think it is a draw.

Ive never seen West play but Id have a hard time taking him over Trevor. Stellman was the real deal, I played with him some at TMC and watched a lot of his games there. He was a stud.

But the answer remains .. if I have to pick a QB to play at Conner over the past 24 years ... it would be Trevor Stellman every day of the week ... and a million times on Friday night.

 

How did you pick 24?

How did you pick 24?

 

1. My favorite number.

2. My memory with Conner QB's only goes back that far. (With the exception of Artie Crawford---but I hate to account for time gaps in my memory when I can't remember who the QB's were from the 84 to 87 seasons. I know Dwayne Hudson was in there somewhere ... but I can't remember the impact that it had on me!)

Not even close ..

If I have to explain my opinion ... maybe you guys should say why you think it is a draw.

 

Well, for starters, you want to discount YAC and I don't think you can do that. If football stats eliminated YAC, then you might as well take Joe Montana and Steve Young out of the Hall of Fame. I saw both Trevor and Nick play. They were both very good QB's with high IQ on the field. You say you liked Trevor's toughness, as if Nick had none. I saw Nick West take some of the hardest hits I have ever seen and he would pop right up and run the next play. So if we are going to throw out stats and base this on toughness and QB IQ, then I call it a draw. Both very good QB's and great leaders. They are both also great young men off the field.

Trevor Stellman! Great leader on and off the field. There was also a positive wave of school spirit with Trevor in the halls of CHS.

Well, for starters, you want to discount YAC and I don't think you can do that. If football stats eliminated YAC, then you might as well take Joe Montana and Steve Young out of the Hall of Fame. I saw both Trevor and Nick play. They were both very good QB's with high IQ on the field. You say you liked Trevor's toughness, as if Nick had none. I saw Nick West take some of the hardest hits I have ever seen and he would pop right up and run the next play. So if we are going to throw out stats and base this on toughness and QB IQ, then I call it a draw. Both very good QB's and great leaders. They are both also great young men off the field.

 

Fair enough ... however .... I discounted the Yards After Catch stat simply because I wanted to see how much people actually knew about the tools that Stellman had to work with. In the end (whether I said it or not) I would match up Dustin Alvey and Cody Wolf to anyone that West has had to work with. I wanted to put it straight to the QB (which you apparently don't want to do--which is fine). In the end--Stellman could and DID throw the ball all over the field much more successfully than Nick West. (Which in fairness to both could be termed as a product of the offense).

 

As far as toughness ... this is the one that you would never win with me (or anyone who has truly examined the play of both). You talk about West being tough? I remember a game where Trevor had to physically CRAWL to the huddle (no joke) .. got on a knee to call the play --- and found a way to pop up just in time to throw a touchdown pass to win a game. There is another time where Trevor snuck onto the extra point team (yes--he evaded the view of his coach/father--who has never let him live it down to this day), stepped in front of the snap and ran for a 2 point conversion to win a game.

 

We can agree to disagree ... but Trevor Stellman is who I would want to represent Conner football (that comes from someone who played on one of the best Conner teams in the history of the school).

 

cvb made this comment: "Trevor Stellman! Great leader on and off the field. There was also a positive wave of school spirit with Trevor in the halls of CHS. "

 

That says more about Trevor Stellman than I could ever say ..... (regardless of what happens now--because I can't remember a lot of bad that happened with Nick either).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.