Madison Southern 40 McCreary Central 6

BIG_BALLIN

Well, like I predicted it would come down to defensive play. McCreary Moved the ball all night at will but shot themselves in the foot on many occassions. I bet Mccreary had somewhere around 300 yards total offense. Their first 2 series they were moving down the field at 4 to 6 yards a pop but threw an interception and had a turnover. I don't think McCreary punted one time in this game they just couldn't finish off their drives. In short Southerns defense gave up a lot of yards just didn't give up points and I knew that's were this game would be won or lost. I don't think you can say 1 or 2 people on defense can account for 40 points. Yes, they would have made a difference on offense in finishing drives with points but that should have happened anyways but it was one of those nights where things just didn't go Mccreary's way on offense where they ended drives and sometimes that happens. Anyway congradulation to Madison Southern on a good win and to my McCreary Raiders I will say keep your heads up, keep playing as a team, and keep working hard everyday. I am very proud of you all and I am sure everyone else is to. Football is a man's sport and you all prove yourselves everyday by your dedication and hard work. Go Get'em Guys!

I'd like to know what game you were watching? The reason you didn't punt is because Southern intercepted the ball, caused a fumble, or turned you over on downs. You all did sustain 2 drives that gave you a lot of yards, but walking the ball up and down the field like you're saying is a little made up. It's not much consolation though because Log Mountain here we come.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know what game you were watching? The reason you didn't punt is because Southern intercepted the ball, caused a fumble, or turned you over on downs. You all did sustain 2 drives that gave you a lot of yards, but walking the ball up and down the field like you're saying is a little made up. It's not much consolation though because Log Mountain here we come.

I watched the one where Madison Southern couldn't stop either one of mcCreary's running backs from picking up 4-6 yards almost everytime they carried the ball. My post was very respectfull and I always try to keep it that way but yours had a very disrespectful tone to it and that makes it hard not to fire back the same way. So, instead I will re-state what I said earlier "congradulation to Madison Southern on a good win and to my McCreary Raiders I will say keep your heads up, keep playing as a team, and keep working hard everyday. I am very proud of you all and I am sure everyone else is to. Football is a man's sport and you all prove yourselves everyday by your dedication and hard work. Go Get'em Guys!"

There a quite a few classless posts on here. Madison won the game. Congrats on the 1-6 record and win I am sure Bell County is shaking right now. Heartbreaker your top shelf for sure. You never say anything worth reading. Hasbeen 2 I respect what you were trying to say. I am just tired of hearing about Aaron Watts and how it was ALL him that made the Raiders respectable. However you are right their is an adjustment period so thanks for saying substanative. I wish the Raider players and coaches well. HoP way to take the the high road with Ballin. I have never seen fans of a 1-6 team be so disrespectful! Stay positive and keep supporting your team. Your class! I heard Madison tried an onside kick up 40-0 is that true? If so they are the low of the lows. Go Bell County!

Im not trying to be disrespectful, I even posted the KHSAA stats to back up what I was saying( which neither you or HOP addressed). I just dont know where you all get that this team was not a Aaron Watts and Matt Roark dominated team and that whether you guys like to admit it or not, the numbers back up all claims that without them, McCreary is not very good.

There a quite a few classless posts on here. Madison won the game. Congrats on the 1-6 record and win I am sure Bell County is shaking right now. Heartbreaker your top shelf for sure. You never say anything worth reading. Hasbeen 2 I respect what you were trying to say. I am just tired of hearing about Aaron Watts and how it was ALL him that made the Raiders respectable. However you are right their is an adjustment period so thanks for saying substanative. I wish the Raider players and coaches well. HoP way to take the the high road with Ballin. I have never seen fans of a 1-6 team be so disrespectful! Stay positive and keep supporting your team. Your class! I heard Madison tried an onside kick up 40-0 is that true? If so they are the low of the lows. Go Bell County!

I sure hope that they weren't trying to onside up 40 to 0. Man that would be bad.

As a matter of fact they did not try an onside kick, they kicked a squib kick that hit a kid in the chest and bounced back and Southern recovered. Trenchmaster, I was not trying to be disrespectful I was just saying give Southern kids credit for coming up with turnovers. I also know that Bell Co. and company will beat Southern as bad as they want. Southern's kids have been through a lot this year, and my post never said a disrespectful word toward McCreary's players. The Raiders kids including this year have always been graceful and respectful. Again, all I was stating is that Madison Southern "finally" played a complete game, and we are glad to come away with a win. Also, for HOUSEofPain how is the kid who got hurt for McCreary in the endzone last night, he was down for awhile and not sure if he came back in the game. I hope he is ok, and that you guys fight hard the rest of the year. Good Luck, and GO EAGLES!!!

Im not trying to be disrespectful, I even posted the KHSAA stats to back up what I was saying( which neither you or HOP addressed). I just dont know where you all get that this team was not a Aaron Watts and Matt Roark dominated team and that whether you guys like to admit it or not, the numbers back up all claims that without them, McCreary is not very good.

Blah, Blah, Blah..................that is all I here when you talk! Your profile says you are from coal country I hope that doesn't mean you are from Bell Co cause the people I know from there are really great people and I am sure they wouldn't want you representing them! Good luck to you and the team you support!

As a matter of fact they did not try an onside kick, they kicked a squib kick that hit a kid in the chest and bounced back and Southern recovered. Trenchmaster, I was not trying to be disrespectful I was just saying give Southern kids credit for coming up with turnovers. I also know that Bell Co. and company will beat Southern as bad as they want. Southern's kids have been through a lot this year, and my post never said a disrespectful word toward McCreary's players. The Raiders kids including this year have always been graceful and respectful. Again, all I was stating is that Madison Southern "finally" played a complete game, and we are glad to come away with a win. Also, for HOUSEofPain how is the kid who got hurt for McCreary in the endzone last night, he was down for awhile and not sure if he came back in the game. I hope he is ok, and that you guys fight hard the rest of the year. Good Luck, and GO EAGLES!!!

First off, the only thing I found disrespectful was the way you asked what game I was watching because I told it exactly the way it happened and even mentioned the turnovers and the reason you turned McCraery over on downs was because they had driven the ball far enough into Madison's side of the field that they didn't have to punt and that was my point. I wasn't taking anything away from Madison Southern but was backing up my earlier prediction that who ever played the best defense ie.. caused more turnovers and had more stops would win the game. Nothing else that you said was a big deal and you probably didn't even think that what you said was disrespectful and that is a problem on here, a lot of people don't think about what they are saying before they say it. I have no ill feelings toward you Big_Ballin as you seem to be a true fan of the game and always respect the players from other teams not like a few of the others. As for the kid in the endzone, it was his shin-bone and it will be sore for a few days but he will be ok, thanks for asking and good luck to Madison Southern the rest of the year!

Great response to refute the numbers I posted HOP. Just admit it, the Raiders are missing them two kids more than you guys would like to admit. Then we can move on.

McCreary has some very good athletes on this team and as I have said in earlier posts McCreary doesn't miss what they lost to graduation any more that any other team misses what they lose to graduation. Goins #1 who is the tailback will probably end the year with 750 to 1000 yards this season because he is running behind a very experience line. The defense is struggling but that has been a weak point for McCreary for as long as I can remember and is something that they will just have to keep working on. This team has the players and ability to win football games but sometimes it just doesn't workout and these kind of seasons are frustrating for coaches and even more devestating for they players. And for you to get on here and talk about how bad they play, are not good athletes, and can't win because of this or that is just plain disrespectful and un-called for. If you want to down the McCcreary County program and their kids then do through a PM not on open forum and that is what someone who cares about the kids would do. People like you always say that you are just trying to start dialouge and that is what this forum is for or some crap like that but the crap spilling on here from you and others like you is not dialouge it is all nothing more that hurtfull and disrespectfull to the schools community, coaches and most of all the kids. So, I have no intensions of ever defending my posts or my team to you over anything you put on here or having any kind of conversation with someone like you unless it is in person! Have a nice day and may God bless you.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule #2 Violation

HOP man you are getting really worked up cause a few posters, not just me, have questioned just how much Watts and Roark meant to the Raider program. Nobody was putting your team or individual players down, I just said they were down this year. I could say that about alot of teams and not mean anything personal with it, as I didnt mean anything personal against any one kid. However I do take exception to the fact that when presented with facts from the KHSAA website you refuse to at least discuss them with me. Clearly McCreary is in a rebuilding year and I am sure they will rebound very nicely from what has turned out to be a disappointing campaign this year. With the loss of Watts and Roark and almost the entire coaching staff its been a uphill battle this year. I have heard that Robert Jones may very well take over the helm next year. Sorry if I have offended you HOP just trying to figure out why all the bitterness?

Look, we've heard all year how McCreary was more than Watts and Roark.....and they were. However, those 2 were responsible for the lion's share of the Raider success the last 3 seasons. To say otherwise is to be in denial. You say that they don't miss those 2 more than any other team misses their seniors and I say that isn't true. Somerset graduated 16 seniors off of a 14-1 season and they are 8-0 this year and a better all around team. We heard all preseason how good the Raiders were going to be and now they are 1-6. That doesn't mean they are bad kids, it just means that they aren't as good as you thought. Its okay to admit that McCreary football is back at square one.

Edited by Birdsfan
quoted post violated rule #2

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, or school. Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" of high school athletes is prohibited. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature which is located under the username in every post.