Madison Southern 40 McCreary Central 6

BIG_BALLIN

Blah, Blah, Blah..................that is all I here when you talk! Your profile says you are from coal country I hope that doesn't mean you are from Bell Co cause the people I know from there are really great people and I am sure they wouldn't want you representing them! Good luck to you and the team you support!

Not from Bell Co.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again people Watts and Roark are gone, and once again any team that has to try to fill the shoes of athletes like these would be hard pressed to do so. McCreary has some very good young guys on there team that i am sure will play very well in the up coming years.Go raiders keep you heads up.

Once again people Watts and Roark are gone, and once again any team that has to try to fill the shoes of athletes like these would be hard pressed to do so. McCreary has some very good young guys on there team that i am sure will play very well in the up coming years.Go raiders keep you heads up.

Well said, let's move on.

Look, we've heard all year how McCreary was more than Watts and Roark.....and they were. However, those 2 were responsible for the lion's share of the Raider success the last 3 seasons. To say otherwise is to be in denial. You say that they don't miss those 2 more than any other team misses their seniors and I say that isn't true. Somerset graduated 16 seniors off of a 14-1 season and they are 8-0 this year and a better all around team. We heard all preseason how good the Raiders were going to be and now they are 1-6. That doesn't mean they are bad kids, it just means that they aren't as good as you thought. Its okay to admit that McCreary football is back at square one.

That is called a program, Somerset replaces their studs year in and year out. McCreary don't have the players to replaces Watts and Roark. Thats is not being negative, just the facts. Coach Smith will build the program in time.

That is called a program, Somerset replaces their studs year in and year out. McCreary don't have the players to replaces Watts and Roark. Thats is not being negative, just the facts. Coach Smith will build the program in time.

I agree with some of what you say but not all. Watts was a natural God given athlete and someone like him comes around once in a lifetime. Roark had athletic ability but he worked his but off in the off season or he would have not been nearly as effective as he was. McCreary has 2 great athlets that run the ball right now 1 is a senior and 1 is a sophmore and neither of them has put 1/10th of the time in the weight-room combined as Roark did or they would be as good if not better than Roark. As far as everyone saying that I said we are as good without Watts and Roark as we were with them you all need to read a little better. What my posts refer to is McCreary can be just as good if not better and saying that they can't win without those two is just crazy. I know the kids that play at every level of the McCreary program and I know that the program can be successfull year in and year out. So, I guess 10 years from now if McCreary goes 0-10 everyone should all hold hands and say "I wish we still had Watts and Roark". The kids that want to play football in McCreary County need to get in the weight-room in the off season and work their butts off to get bigger, faster and stronger and if they don't want to be dedicated then they need to go home and play video games because that is the key to having success year in and year out. So you see Banker we do have the athletes to replace them they just need to get in the weight-room and be dedicated. I heard a story the other day of 6th graders in Bell county getting up early in the morning to run and stuff and said they were doing it because that is the dedication it takes to play high school football for Bell County (and they were doing this on their own they were not being made to do it). I would venture to say if Mccreary County football players had that kind of dedication over the last 20 years we would not be having a conversation today about Watts and Roark and that my friends is my whole and entire point. I have come to the conclusion that people are just so narrow minded that they can't bring themselves to have a vision of how things could and should be so I am going to stop trying to show them the big picture because they will never see it. By all intent this will be my last post for atleast this season however I will PM a few people on here that has shown atleast some intellegence and that I have become good friends with. May God bless you all! Now, for any of the McCreary players that read this, I have all the confidence in the world that you all are in control of your own destiny and that with hard work and dedication you can succeed beyond all the nay sayers predictions. I am very proud of you for all your work and dedication so just keep on keeping on! Go Get'em Guys!

I agree with some of what you say but not all. Watts was a natural God given athlete and someone like him comes around once in a lifetime. Roark had athletic ability but he worked his but off in the off season or he would have not been nearly as effective as he was. McCreary has 2 great athlets that run the ball right now 1 is a senior and 1 is a sophmore and neither of them has put 1/10th of the time in the weight-room combined as Roark did or they would be as good if not better than Roark. As far as everyone saying that I said we are as good without Watts and Roark as we were with them you all need to read a little better. What my posts refer to is McCreary can be just as good if not better and saying that they can't win without those two is just crazy. I know the kids that play at every level of the McCreary program and I know that the program can be successfull year in and year out. So, I guess 10 years from now if McCreary goes 0-10 everyone should all hold hands and say "I wish we still had Watts and Roark". The kids that want to play football in McCreary County need to get in the weight-room in the off season and work their butts off to get bigger, faster and stronger and if they don't want to be dedicated then they need to go home and play video games because that is the key to having success year in and year out. So you see Banker we do have the athletes to replace them they just need to get in the weight-room and be dedicated. I heard a story the other day of 6th graders in Bell county getting up early in the morning to run and stuff and said they were doing it because that is the dedication it takes to play high school football for Bell County (and they were doing this on their own they were not being made to do it). I would venture to say if Mccreary County football players had that kind of dedication over the last 20 years we would not be having a conversation today about Watts and Roark and that my friends is my whole and entire point. I have come to the conclusion that people are just so narrow minded that they can't bring themselves to have a vision of how things could and should be so I am going to stop trying to show them the big picture because they will never see it. By all intent this will be my last post for atleast this season however I will PM a few people on here that has shown atleast some intellegence and that I have become good friends with. May God bless you all! Now, for any of the McCreary players that read this, I have all the confidence in the world that you all are in control of your own destiny and that with hard work and dedication you can succeed beyond all the nay sayers predictions. I am very proud of you for all your work and dedication so just keep on keeping on! Go Get'em Guys!

Good post HOP!

Well HOP if this is your last post of the year you made it a good one. The only thing I fear for McCreary is what has happened to Madison Southern in the past. McCreary over the last few years has been a good team. What happens over the course of the next few years is you will see coaches and kids think that the success will just roll over into the next year and it does not. Now, coaches and player will say this doesn't happen but it can and does very easily. Mike Elkin had a good run for about 4 years where his teams could play with anybody, and won against a few teams they were not supposed to, a coaching change happened and Coach Taylor had an expirenced team but lost because everybody "thought" they were supposed to be good, it turned out to be horrible. History is repeating itself at Madison Southern right now, and over the last three years Southern has been horrible. I'll give you that teams lose great players and a time for rebuilding takes place at a lot of schools, but in my mind its up to coaches to get players to come out and play, its up to coaches to get kids motivated to lift, and its up to players to push harder when great players leave. McCreary had the opprotunity to be a decent football team with the line they have back, but somewhere the kids became "satisfied" with past accomplishments, and as we all know in this game that cannot happen if you want to build a program and reputation as a hard nosed team. I hope McCreary Central understands that during this offseason if this does not happen, they will still be playing catch up 5 or more years from now. I hate to see teams play awesome for a few years and then have to start from the bottom up all over again. Its a cycle that takes place, but I also feel its a cycle that does not have to happen.

HOP man you are getting really worked up cause a few posters, not just me, have questioned just how much Watts and Roark meant to the Raider program. Nobody was putting your team or individual players down, I just said they were down this year. I could say that about alot of teams and not mean anything personal with it, as I didnt mean anything personal against any one kid. However I do take exception to the fact that when presented with facts from the KHSAA website you refuse to at least discuss them with me. Clearly McCreary is in a rebuilding year and I am sure they will rebound very nicely from what has turned out to be a disappointing campaign this year. With the loss of Watts and Roark and almost the entire coaching staff its been a uphill battle this year. I have heard that Robert Jones may very well take over the helm next year. Sorry if I have offended you HOP just trying to figure out why all the bitterness?

Where do you get this stuff from? Robert Jones will take over the team. Are you serious?

Is he not the AD and the boys basketball coach already? He may very well bring back part of the old staff or rumors of a pretty good coach from a county close to McCreary could be coming on board to coach if Robert Jones dont. That is all speculation at this point from what I have been told. HOP may be able to shed some light on this.

Is he not the AD and the boys basketball coach already? He may very well bring back part of the old staff or rumors of a pretty good coach from a county close to McCreary could be coming on board to coach if Robert Jones dont. That is all speculation at this point from what I have been told. HOP may be able to shed some light on this.

Jones is AD and Bssketball Coach, He want be bringing any of the Old Staff back or anyone to take over from another County. The Football Program is right where he wants it, 25 Kids out and 1-6.