Lafayette vs. Boyle County

nikeman49

It wasn't an onside kick. Boyle just pooched it high and 20 yards downfield the player was right on it. Boyle has had big problems on kickoffs this year. In back to back weeks they have had a kickoff returned for a TD and if not for the Lafayette player dropping the ball in the 3rd. quarter it could have happened again last night. I have no problem with Boyle working on things for in the future when needed. After Boyle recovered the ball if you noticed they had the JV team in. No Dawson, Cook, or Cox in the backfield and Hale was not in at quarterback. Lafayette was sending their entire D for the run on our JV team and on 3rd. down our backup QB hit a pass for a firstdown and it was back to run again. Boyle did run like 5:00 off the clock and turned it over on downs.

I'd like to hear the logic behind Boyle Co. on-side kicking up 40-0 with 8:00 left in the 4th quarter,,,,then passing three different times on the drive???? What was going on here......very classless events took place there!!

There was actually 10 minutes left. 10:38 I believe. It's called the running clock rule. One more td for Boyle County and it's 'pack it up, let's go to the house' time. You call it classless, I call it smart. We've done it before and we'll do it again.

I must have been at the wrong game!! Starting qb played during that drive and you practice those so called pouch kicks in practice, not up 40-0 in the 4th quarter....also Lafayette's jv team beat yours to the field last night...just a little class please!!

All I know is it will catch up with you.....soon!!

Been hearing that for years. If it does.....fine. Highlands got 'revenge' for it the year after we fake punted on them in the State Finals and I am sure some others will in the future. Big deal is my stance. I won't come on here and complain about it. I'll hope that my team will get better so they won't be in those kind of situations in the first place.

Sorry you feel this way Nikeman49, but Boyle had no attentions to please you last night. Back in 2001 Boyle beat a very very good Hopkinsville team on the road in the playoffs after taking the lead late in the game, Boyle suprised Hoptown and recovered the kick and ran the clock out to go on to take their first 3A State Title the following week. Live game actions are always better to work on things needed than a practice. If Boyle wanted to run the score up they could have beaten Lafayette alot worse than they did last night.

Sorry you feel this way Nikeman49, but Boyle had no attentions to please you last night. Back in 2001 Boyle beat a very very good Hopkinsville team on the road in the playoffs after taking the lead late in the game, Boyle suprised Hoptown and recovered the kick and ran the clock out to go on to take their first 3A State Title the following week. Live game actions are always better to work on things needed than a practice. If Boyle wanted to run the score up they could have beaten Lafayette alot worse than they did last night.

We should have. People get mad anyways.:idunno: May as well give them something to really be mad about.:ylsuper::lol:

I'd like to hear the logic behind Boyle Co. on-side kicking up 40-0 with 8:00 left in the 4th quarter,,,,then passing three different times on the drive???? What was going on here......very classless events took place there!!

Don't know if this helps or not.

Boyle County led 26-0 at halftime and 40-0 in the opening minutes of the fourth quarter. Then came what looked like an onside kick that the Rebels recovered.

French said his kicker misunderstood his instructions. "It was supposed to be a 'pooch' kick, not an onside kick. I apologize for that."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/02/1460518/boyle-county-wins-first-game-in.html#ixzz11DPGZ0mc

You know you have every reason to "feel" mad but this was in the article on the game. If you wanted to "know" the answer then just look for it before castigating a class act like Larry French. French does not intentionally run up the score on people. Ask Mercer or Danville in the last couple of weeks because those scores could have been a lot worse, just as last nights. :irked:

It was just communication problems. Believe me when I say that Boyle County had no intentions on running up the score. Things could have been alot worse. Nikeman49 is just trying to give Boyle County a bad reputation.

Just take it as you want to....I've been around football now 40 yrs. and that turn of events last night was totally uncalled for....not trying to down Boyle Co. football because your record speaks for itself...just left a very sour taste leaving the field last night.......

Just take it as you want to....I've been around football now 40 yrs. and that turn of events last night was totally uncalled for....not trying to down Boyle Co. football because your record speaks for itself...just left a very sour taste leaving the field last night.......

At 40-0 on your new field, there's not many other tastes you can leave a game with. If the Rebels wanted to run the score up, they would have just left our 1st team offense in the game along with your 1st team defense.

And I've been around it for equally as long but the truth is you read the apology from French and what happened on the play. It was in the morning Lexington paper. It was a mistake but still you continue to call it "totally uncalled for." :walk:

I know that there have been threads on here regarding this, but how can Lexington football be so bad this year? I really thought that Lafayette would provide a challenge with all the good looking athletes standing across the field and the size of the linemen. Is it the coaching? Do the players not put out the effort? I know the coaching staff for Boyle was scared before the game that Lafayette would really provide a stiff test. What gives?