Trinity 13 St. Xavier 3 (JV)

rocktopper

The JV game was very interesting this year. X has always complained about the amount of juniors we play in this game. The problem with this years Varsity team is the amount of Sophomores that are playing key roles on that level and don't play JV. I would say the gap is not closing, it's only getting larger. It could be a sweep for the Rocks this week but don't expect Beatty to bring his broom. :thumb:

When I said "diminutive" all I meant was that he appeared short in stature. The young man had a very strong and accurate leg, though, and seemed well built. I believe he had at least two older brothers that preceded him at St. X - one, an outstanding soccer player and the other, an outstanding DB.

Not a whole lot to talk about, but Noe is impressive. He needs to be on the field at some position-very athletic. Dawkins is fast, fast and can really cut and run the ball. St. X has a couple of good looking soph backs that did not play either, so the running game was more tired than usual.

The most discouraging thing for X was 3 first downs and 3 points...... Are you kidding me ?

Not a whole lot to talk about, but Noe is impressive. He needs to be on the field at some position-very athletic. Dawkins is fast, fast and can really cut and run the ball. St. X has a couple of good looking soph backs that did not play either, so the running game was more tired than usual.

The most discouraging thing for X was 3 first downs and 3 points...... Are you kidding me ?

Maybe that is what the one poster meant when he said "closing the gap.":confused: