Danville vs Boyle County Predictions

toolaidback

Danville vs Boyle County  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Danville vs Boyle County

One of the interesting things to look for in this annual matchup is the field. Will the new turf bring any funny bounces? I watched Mercer play the turf bounce perfectly on their opening kickoff and then later it took a quirky bounce vs. the Titans. If teams aren't used to playing on the stuff, it can do some funny things.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Boyle will win this one but I think that it will be closer than people think. Turn over could play a big part in this game and Boyle needs to cut down on the penalties. My prediction of the score could be wrong if Boyles defense comes out and plays the way it did against Mercer.

Boyle 35

Danville 24

Question for all Boyle and Danville fans.

Do you see this game as becoming a little nastier than recent years? I ask because of what has gone on between the two since January.

Will Danville have a chip on their shoulder from what they may perceive as a betrayal by Will Dunn to quit in mid year and go to Boyle with the attitude of playing football for the Rebels?

:idunno:

Are the Rebels ready to take out their frustrations on the Ads for what they perceive as an open campaign vs. Dunn and Boyle, led by Sam Harp?

Add in the natural rivlary and will this game get beyond testy in your opinions?

I wish I were at this one instead of that Mercer snore last week. It should make this a highlight game based on the soap opera alone. :thumb:

Here is the story from Advocate today:

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2010/09/23/spo.251773.sto

And here are the series scores (Thanks Vaught for posting these):

Series history

(Danville leads 32-13-1)

1965 — Boyle County 0, Danville 0, tie

1966 — Boyle County 19, Danville 7

1967 — Danville 44, Boyle County 0

1968 — Danville 34, Boyle County 0

1969 — Boyle County 8, Danville 6

1970 — Danville 27, Boyle County 6

1971 — Danville 28, Boyle County 7

1972 — Danville 31, Boyle County 13

1973 — Danville 47, Boyle County 6

1974 — Danville 43, Boyle County 6

1975 — Boyle County 15, Danville 7

1976 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14

1977 — Boyle County 14, Danville 7

1978 — Danville 21, Boyle County 7

1979 — Boyle County 28, Danville 22

1980 — Danville 47, Boyle County 28

1981 — Danville 21, Boyle County 12

1982 — Danville 26, Boyle County 14

1983 — Danville 3, Boyle County 0

1984 — Danville 21, Boyle County 10

1985 — Danville 42, Boyle County 0

1986 — Danville 40, Boyle County 3

1987 — Danville 63, Boyle County 14

1988 — Danville 51, Boyle County 7

1989 — Danville 51, Boyle County 6

1990 — Danville 41, Boyle County 0

1991 — Danville 48, Boyle County 6

1992 — Danville 49, Boyle County 7

1993 — Danville 35, Boyle County 7

1994 — Danville 20, Boyle County 6

1994 — x-Danville 35, Boyle County 0

1995 — Danville 18, Boyle County 10

1995 — x-Danville 10, Boyle County 7

1996 — Danville 35, Boyle County 20

1996 — x-Boyle County 12, Danville 0

1997 — Boyle County 21, Danville 14

1998 — Danville 60, Boyle County 7

1999 — Boyle County 28, Danville 3

2000 — Boyle County 47, Danville 0

2001 — Boyle County 24, Danville 21

2002 — Danville 20, Boyle County 10

2003 — Boyle County 45, Danville 26

2004 — Boyle County 37, Danville 30

2005 — Boyle County 28, Danville 13

2006 — Danville 35, Boyle County 33

2007 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14

2008 — Boyle County 43, Danville 6

2009 — Boyle County 49, Danville 9

Question for all Boyle and Danville fans.

Do you see this game as becoming a little nastier than recent years? I ask because of what has gone on between the two since January.

Will Danville have a chip on their shoulder from what they may perceive as a betrayal by Will Dunn to quit in mid year and go to Boyle with the attitude of playing football for the Rebels?

Are the Rebels ready to take out their frustrations on the Ads for what they perceive as an open campaign vs. Dunn and Boyle, led by Sam Harp?

Add in the natural rivlary and will this game get beyond testy in your opinions?

I wish I were at this one instead of that Mercer snore last week. It should make this a highlight game based on the soap opera alone. :thumb:

To be honest, I haven't heard that much being said about the situation you are referring to lately. I'm not sure about the Boyle Co. faction. I could be wrong, but I doubt it has much effect on the game friday.:idunno:

Yeah, I think this game will be as it always is. Maybe if Will were playing it may add a little drama to it but all those kids like each other. They all hang out together. Only the alumni gets worked up for this game anymore. I told a Danville alumni today that I don't even care about this game. Danville is not LexCath and I am from Bowling Green. This game means nothing to me.

Does USC play on this side of the Mississippi River this weekend or do they have an open date?

USC plays at Washington State at 3pm EST Saturday.

I heard he was coming in early Friday so he could be leaving before the game or early during the game like Joker did(Joker left when it was 14-0 Boyle) IF he is coming in. Like I said, I heard he was coming in. I wish I could be here to see it for myself.

Yeah, I think this game will be as it always is. Maybe if Will were playing it may add a little drama to it but all those kids like each other. They all hang out together. Only the alumni gets worked up for this game anymore. I told a Danville alumni today that I don't even care about this game. Danville is not LexCath and I am from Bowling Green. This game means nothing to me.

Spoken like a true Purple. :lol: