Lincoln County 22 Boyle County 21 OT (JV)

Podgie

As long as they aren't Srs does it matter? This happens alot down in SEKY. Most teams don't have enough players to field a competitive JV team without using some Varsity starters that are underclassmen. Each Coach has the right to do what is right for his team.

Some were seniors from what I was told. And I agree, Boyle has to beat who is out there but when the JV team is playing seniors and varsity starters what's the point of even having a JV game? You want a victory that badly you play seniors and varsity starters? I was also told they celebrated like they won the Super Bowl. And this info came from a Lincoln County parent.

Boyle only has around 70 kids playing this year. Not many freshmen came out this year.

I bet if Boyle played seniors and varsity starters on their JV team people would be crying all over Central Kentucky.

Well I wasn't at the game , but I just don't seen Coach Settles playing seniors, but I do understand his logic in playing his Juniors whether they Start Varsity or not . All he is trying to do is get as many games under their belts and gain them all the experience they can get. But I will say this I was told by a Boyle County Parent that Boyle also played Varsity Juniors in the game. As for last year I never heard the first person say a thing about Boyle playing Varsity Starters in the JV games. I do know last year Varsity Starters did play for Boyle in the JV game. So Purple Pride92 it really has nothing to do with winning , All Coach Settles is trying to do is develop his players. Now as for their celebration , sure their going to celebrate I am not sure those players have ever beaten Boyle.

The juniors that played in the JV game do not get significant varsity minutes. In fact, they get varsity minutes with the JV unit late in the game.

Last year Devin Cox played as the running back in the JV game. He didn't get varsity minutes at running back last year but he did start at corner for varsity. Other than that I have no idea what starter you could be talking about.

But....... congratulations on your varsity beating our JV. Good luck in the future.

Let's just go ahead and cut out the speculation. In the JV game between Boyle and Lincoln there were no Seniors playing in the game. There were however, 4 juniors, 2 of which start varsity. Ryne Otto, who is a junior, starts varsity as wide receiver and Jacob Cooper, who is also a junior starts varsity as def. tackle. THat's it, that's what you had on the field Monday night, the remaining team was comprised of Fresh and Soph who also get occasional varsity time as I'm sure they do on many high school teams. As for the celebration, I wouldn't say it was a Super Bowl celebration, but as said in the earlier post it was the first time those particular boys had beat Boyle. C'mon it was in OT and won with a 2 pt conversion. They had reason to be proud. Either team could have won that game, it was just Lincoln's night. They've worked hard and are due some V's.

As for the parent from Lincoln who's passing out false information.....well, that's a shame. What's the motive?

Let's just go ahead and cut out the speculation. In the JV game between Boyle and Lincoln there were no Seniors playing in the game. There were however, 4 juniors, 2 of which start varsity. Ryne Otto, who is a junior, starts varsity as wide receiver and Jacob Cooper, who is also a junior starts varsity as def. tackle. THat's it, that's what you had on the field Monday night, the remaining team was comprised of Fresh and Soph who also get occasional varsity time as I'm sure they do on many high school teams. As for the celebration, I wouldn't say it was a Super Bowl celebration, but as said in the earlier post it was the first time those particular boys had beat Boyle. C'mon it was in OT and won with a 2 pt conversion. They had reason to be proud. Either team could have won that game, it was just Lincoln's night. They've worked hard and are due some V's.

As for the parent from Lincoln who's passing out false information.....well, that's a shame. What's the motive?

Thank you. That's all I asked for in my initial post was some clarification. Now that I have the clarification I can say congratulations on the win without the sarcasm.

I hear Boyle will have significantly less talent after next yr. Is this true? Also hear their middle school is way down as well. Will we see a big drop off after next yr?

I think the drop in talent will be noticeable after the next two years. As was mentioned not many freshmen came out this year and yes, the middle school is way down. We'll still be good next year and the year after. Question marks abound after this year's sophomore class graduates. I have seen the high school coaches work wonders on mediocre middle school teams so I am not worried at the moment. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think the drop in talent will be noticeable after the next two years. As was mentioned not many freshmen came out this year and yes, the middle school is way down. We'll still be good next year and the year after. Question marks abound after this year's sophomore class graduates. I have seen the high school coaches work wonders on mediocre middle school teams so I am not worried at the moment. We'll just have to wait and see.

I guess the competition between Boyle and the newly structured 4A class will only be good for 2011 and 2012 then?