Lincoln County 22 Boyle County 21 OT (JV)

Podgie

I guess the competition between Boyle and the newly structured 4A class will only be good for 2011 and 2012 then?

I wouldn't say that. I still have faith that when these boys get to high school things will turn around for them. Like I said, I have seen some mediocre Boyle Middle teams become great teams in high school. I will admit that the state championship winning teams usually dominated from little league through high school but one thing that has always been true at Boyle County is that each team got a lot better after they left middle school. This year's juniors, sophomores and freshmen are all proof of that. Neither were stellar teams at middle school but all of the classes have gotten a lot better in high school and I think next year's success will be proof of that. This Friday's Mercer game will be proof. The junior class on down never beat Mercer in middle school and I believe this year's senior class had some good games against Mercer County in middle school as well. I think we'll be fine. How fine will we be..........we'll see.

And that's why I have never taken a lot of stock in the results JV games. Varsity games - of course. Freshman games - sure. You know what you're getting. But each school decides what's best for their program and its participants with respect to JV games and it's not always one team's apples playing another team's apples. Sometimes it's apples and oranges.

In any event, congrats to Lincoln on winning what sounds like an exciting and evenly-matched junior varsity game.:thumb: