Covington Catholic 49 Campbell County 14

Theoldguy

I thought having the Stealth Bomber fly over during pre-game warm-ups was a nice touch too. Who knew the Park Hills Mafia had such connections!

Good game for the Colonels.

How did you see it, being that it was Stealth! :D

Just like the CovCath football team this season, never underestimate what the CovCath Mafia can do! :lol:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not count out Cooper. Who can the Camels beat on the schedule now? They have Ryle, Conner, Cooper, Simon Kenton, Ryle, Clark, and New Cath.

It appears to be a long season here, can they rebound and come together as a team? It is a soap "All my Camels". The head coach inherited a program that was under John Schlarman, and after his group of young men graduated, the program has been going down hill fast . ( 2004 - 5-5, 2005 - 6-4, 2006 - 8-4, 2007 - 6-5, 2008 - 5-5, 2009 - 3-7, 2010 - 1-2.)

Do not expect change here in coaching, I had heard that the New Ad is related to the Head Coach. It seems that the good ole boy mentality is alive at Campbell County. Until, this changes here and they bring in an outsider that has no ties, you will get what you ordered up here.

Do not count out Cooper. Who can the Camels beat on the schedule now? They have Ryle, Conner, Cooper, Simon Kenton, Ryle, Clark, and New Cath.

It appears to be a long season here, can they rebound and come together as a team? It is a soap "All my Camels". The head coach inherited a program that was under John Schlarman, and after his group of young men graduated, the program has been going down hill fast . ( 2004 - 5-5, 2005 - 6-4, 2006 - 8-4, 2007 - 6-5, 2008 - 5-5, 2009 - 3-7, 2010 - 1-2.)

Do not expect change here in coaching, I had heard that the New Ad is related to the Head Coach. It seems that the good ole boy mentality is alive at Campbell County. Until, this changes here and they bring in an outsider that has no ties, you will get what you ordered up here.

First of all, congratulations to the Colonels. They played with great determination and passion!

UKFAN4EVER - I sure hope that you are not a Campbell County fan or parent because if that is the case then your negativity is not needed! The student athletes of Campbell County deserve better and you don't seem to be helping the cause. Sounds like you have a strong dis-liking for our coaches and school district. It sure would be great if you could keep that to yourself.

First of all, congratulations to the Colonels. They played with great determination and passion!

UKFAN4EVER - I sure hope that you are not a Campbell County fan or parent because if that is the case then your negativity is not needed! The student athletes of Campbell County deserve better and you don't seem to be helping the cause. Sounds like you have a strong dis-liking for our coaches and school district. It sure would be great if you could keep that to yourself.

:thumb: x 100

You said it yourself, the Colonels played with passion, when was the last time you seen a Campbell County Football team do that? The team has players that get suspended for all sorts of reasons. So there is no way each week to tell what team is going to be on the field. If the students deserve better, then why did the keep the current staff? They let a Basketball Coach go that did a decent job, but can keep a Football Coach that has no control over his team. Campell County if nothing is done here in the next year, then you can count of the other school in Alexandria to grow, as well as that school on the hill in Newport. Can they beat New Cath, an AA school? What team will show up, what players will be ineligible or suspended. A good coaching staff would put their foot down and right the ship now.

You said it yourself, the Colonels played with passion, when was the last time you seen a Campbell County Football team do that? The team has players that get suspended for all sorts of reasons. So there is no way each week to tell what team is going to be on the field. If the students deserve better, then why did the keep the current staff? They let a Basketball Coach go that did a decent job, but can keep a Football Coach that has no control over his team. Campell County if nothing is done here in the next year, then you can count of the other school in Alexandria to grow, as well as that school on the hill in Newport. Can they beat New Cath, an AA school? What team will show up, what players will be ineligible or suspended. A good coaching staff would put their foot down and right the ship now.

These two statements do not make sense being in the same argument. What else is a coach supposed to do to instill discipline besides suspend players? It sounds like you may have been benched or suspended from someone on the current staff since you and marley seem to have a big axe to grind with the Camels staff. Would you, I and everyone else rather have Schlarmen? Yeah and the Campbell County administration handled the reason he left badly but he wouldn't be here at this point anyway as he is now a D-1 coach. A change in culture in is probably needed at CCHS and it starts with fans like you moving on in all likely hood.

Wow, it is called a punishment. Suspended for numerous of reasons? Really? I would say if Coach Styer and his staff thought it was the correct thing to do then they will do. How would you like for him to punish a kid for doing what they do? I mean it seems like you know exactly why they are getting suspended. It seems to me you are just stirring the pot that does not need to be stirred.

Campbell County also has been bitten by the injury bug this year which I think has already been mentioned on here.

Back to the actual play on the field.

I'm on record as being a Bir supporter even after the Ryle game. You can just see his ability coming out.

However, he hurt them early yesterday costing them points with missed throws.

The best part is he rebounded to throw 4 TDs (I think) and had 250 yards. Nice work, 6.

I have been in Campbell County for 35+ years and over the years I have seen numerous CC football teams play with passion. I have also witnessed passion within the time frame that Coach Styer has been coaching. I am not going to comment on the basketball coach because we are presently speaking of football. Once again, you have a problem with our district so I suggest you take your support to the other school in Alexandria or the one on the hill. Campbell County will not lose anything if we lose people like you. It is so easy just to blame coaches without knowing the day in and day out events that go on with our student athletes.

I have been in Campbell County for 35+ years and over the years I have seen numerous CC football teams play with passion. I have also witnessed passion within the time frame that Coach Styer has been coaching. I am not going to comment on the basketball coach because we are presently speaking of football. Once again, you have a problem with our district so I suggest you take your support to the other school in Alexandria or the one on the hill. Campbell County will not lose anything if we lose people like you. It is so easy just to blame coaches without knowing the day in and day out events that go on with our student athletes.

Could not have said it better myself. Cov Cath played a very good game. Until the Campbell County players can believe they CAN win and figure out you can win from coming from behind they will struggle this year. I hope they can figure it out because I want this program to succeed.

Two years ago players laid down because they did not want to make the playoffs. Is that passion? 35 years, are you and your family, one of the good ole boys? Last year the current coaching staff was to be released, but they decided to keep. How can a school that big perform like that in Sports? Something is not right there, and looks like after 35 years, you can not figure it out either. I will done with Campbell County after this year and will be glad, because if I was a coach of another school, I would want to schedule them.

Two years ago players laid down because they did not want to make the playoffs. Is that passion? 35 years, are you and your family, one of the good ole boys? Last year the current coaching staff was to be released, but they decided to keep. How can a school that big perform like that in Sports? Something is not right there, and looks like after 35 years, you can not figure it out either. I will done with Campbell County after this year and will be glad, because if I was a coach of another school, I would want to schedule them.

2 different teams totally. What does that have to do with this year's team? The coaches coach they cannot make kids have PASSION. They (kids) have to want it and blaming the coaching staff is not right but I guess this is the easy thing to do. Just curious if you have been to a football game this year?

There is no way CC should lose to a school the size of Roger Bacon...Period!!!! There are way to many excuses year after year from CC fans, coaches, and administration. There is definately something not right out in the county...If I had a kid in that school system and he had any athletic talent you bet your boots I would be looking some where else...JMO