Covington Catholic 49 Campbell County 14

Theoldguy

Back to the actual play on the field.

I'm on record as being a Bir supporter even after the Ryle game. You can just see his ability coming out.

However, he hurt them early yesterday costing them points with missed throws.

The best part is he rebounded to throw 4 TDs (I think) and had 250 yards. Nice work, 6.

You are going to get that from a 10th grader especially early in the season.

I spoke to him after the LexCath game while he was watching his brother Luke play and told him not to let himself too high when he does well but that he can't allow himself get too low when he makes a mistake. He is the QB and there are going to be good days and bad days but that his teammates believe in him and he should always believe in himself too..

Outstanding young man on the turf, hardwood and diamond and one who I think one day will be remember for a long time at CovCath.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing will ever change there, they are set in their ways. I am glad I am done with this School System after thsi year.

There is no way CC should lose to a school the size of Roger Bacon...Period!!!! There are way to many excuses year after year from CC fans, coaches, and administration. There is definately something not right out in the county...If I had a kid in that school system and he had any athletic talent you bet your boots I would be looking some where else...JMO

Congrats to the Blue Colonels on righting the ship in this one!! They don't seem to be able to play a close game, one way or another? Continued success to both teams the rest of the way, but boy it sure looks like business as usual in Camelville; except this seems a little early to have some fans throw in the towel??

You are going to get that from a 10th grader especially early in the season.

I spoke to him after the LexCath game while he was watching his brother Luke play and told him not to let himself too high when he does well but that he can't allow himself get too low when he makes a mistake. He is the QB and there are going to be good days and bad days but that his teammates believe in him and he should always believe in himself too..

Outstanding young man on the turf, hardwood and diamond and one who I think one day will be remember for a long time at CovCath.

Is it possible to have a QB controversy next year at CCH? IMO, it's going to be very hard to keep the Dressman kid out of the line up for the next two years. I have seen both, and I think Dressman throws a better deep ball, and is a better rusher. This is NOT a knock on Bir whatsoever, I like him as well, just saying the Dressman kid can play and I believe his long term upside is higher than Bir's.

Is it possible to have a QB controversy next year at CCH? IMO, it's going to be very hard to keep the Dressman kid out of the line up for the next two years. I have seen both, and I think Dressman throws a better deep ball, and is a better rusher. This is NOT a knock on Bir whatsoever, I like him as well, just saying the Dressman kid can play and I believe his long term upside is higher than Bir's.

BTW you forgot to mention Mr. Summe who had a monster of a game against Cincinnati La Salle JV team. He too is a 10th grader. Nice to have three isn't it!

Lets worry about this next year.

Bir is doing fine, he is going to good games and bad games

It's going to be extremely difficult for a younger kid to come in and take the qb position.

No real surprise here...as stated before, Covcath is much better than their losses to LaSalle and Ryle suggest.

Campbell will fight it out with Conner for the #4 playoff seed.

Cooper will beat Conner and will be close with Boone. Conner was/is overrated. I haven't seen Campbell play yet but it sounds like Cooper may win this one as well.

Congrats to CovCath and Blake Bir. The whole sophmore class at CCH is loaded with good athletes. We've been seeing them since they were 7th graders at St. Joe & IHM (not to leave others out). Freshman team last year gave a great game to HHS and hopefully this class leads CCH back. Yes, I'm a HHS fan, but good athletes are fun to watch and make the games more competitive. CCHS really needs to consider what's going out in the county at all levels. The CCYFL seems to be doing well, Red Devils, maybe not so much, looking internally for the answers is tough, but probably needs to happen.

Dressman is a great athlete, but does not have the arm that Bir has.

It's going to be extremely difficult for a younger kid to come in and take the qb position.

Should age have any thing to do with it? Shouldn't talent and talent only prevail? So, I guess what I'm hearing is that Dressman will only be a one year starter at QB? I'm not buyin it. The kid has to much talent and has the size to go along with it. Guess time will answer the question.

Should age have any thing to do with it? Shouldn't talent and talent only prevail? So, I guess what I'm hearing is that Dressman will only be a one year starter at QB? I'm not buyin it. The kid has to much talent and has the size to go along with it. Guess time will answer the question.

It's not age. It's experience. That by itself can be a determining factor. If any kid comes in and can prove they are better they'll play. The qb position, though, sometimes comes down to intangibles - decision-making/knowledge of the offense/leadership.

I've heard great things about the Dressman boy. It will be an interesting battle over the next two seasons.