Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Oldham 60 Trimble County 0

Featured Replies

Yowza! I expected a North win but geez.

It wasn't a pretty game for the Raiders. However, on a positive note, there were no serious injuries this game, something that has plagued us all season, including losing our starting QB to an ACL tear at last week's game.

 

One thing that I would like to compliment North Oldham for - they had a ceremony before the game in which their seniors recognized teachers that had made a meaningful impact in their life. Each player had written something about their chosen teacher and it was read over the PA while the player (from what I could tell) escorted him/her onto the track. Very classy. :thumb:

Sounds like kicking the other guy when he is down ! Isn't that right ColonelMike. I don't think anyone has the right to run their mouth about Henry County running up the score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like kicking the other guy when he is down ! Isn't that right ColonelMike. I don't think anyone has the right to run their mouth about Henry County running up the score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one ran up the score, trimble fumbled 3 times to end the game and North Oldham subs scored with a running clock. North only had 35 offensive plays. 3-6 passing for 3 td's. North could have took a knee with 2:30 to go, but North scored on a fb dive from the 10. Could have possibly took a knee there but don't know if that would have ate up all the clock. North subs played with the intensity they are taught. Good overall game to get the Mustangs back on track.

Sounds like kicking the other guy when he is down ! Isn't that right ColonelMike. I don't think anyone has the right to run their mouth about Henry County running up the score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Who said anything about Henry County running up the score??

 

Obviously, I don't speak for North Oldham, but since you're quoting me, you should at least go re-read the post you are quoting and see what I was referring to. I never said word one about Henry County running up the score on Trimble. In fact, I specifically stated in that thread that I did not question Henry's scoring vs. Trimble. I questioned Ol#70s comments of "(yawn)" and "...they got what they asked for, which is a running clock", both of which were unclassy comments that were exactly that, kicking a team when it was down. It's nothing less than taunting, and there should be no place for it here.

 

I have no problem with anyone questioning my posts so long as they do it accurately. Get your facts straight.

 

As far as tonight's North - Trimble game, I wasn't there. Don't know how it played out... Pegasus was at the Oldham County - Eastern game this week...

Obviously, I don't speak for North Oldham, but since you're quoting me, you should at least go re-read the post you are quoting and see what I was referring to. I never said word one about Henry County running up the score on Trimble. In fact, I specifically stated in that thread that I did not question Henry's scoring vs. Trimble. I questioned Ol#70s comments of "(yawn)" and "...they got what they asked for, which is a running clock", both of which were unclassy comments that were exactly that, kicking a team when it was down. I don't see anyone on here from North Oldham making those kinds of comments, do you?

 

I have no problem with anyone questioning my posts so long as they do it accurately. Get your facts straight.

 

Amen Colonel-Trimble Co played hard and fought all the way. They were very brave and ALL 20 guys did their best.

One thing that I would like to compliment North Oldham for - they had a ceremony before the game in which their seniors recognized teachers that had made a meaningful impact in their life. Each player had written something about their chosen teacher and it was read over the PA while the player (from what I could tell) escorted him/her onto the track. Very classy. :thumb:

 

That's really cool.

I was there and no one ran up the score. Underclassmen were in most of the second half and some freshman were put in the entire fourth.

To Trimbles credit this was just not a fair fight but they did not give in. Just out sized, out maned, out everything-ed.

 

Remember North is still a banged up team so yes they took the opportunity to try and execute some passing late and there was a late onside kick as well. It was not about scoring but about a team that's going into their key district games still trying to get some pieces in place after a whooping by CAL the previous week, an arch rival game next week and trying to deal with injuries to key starters.

 

Remember the game was over after a quarter and half so in my opinion what some may have seen as running up the score was simply a case of a young struggling team looking to get something productive and developmental from their opponent.

 

I hope the district re-alignment that's proposed puts Trimble somewhere that's a "fair playing field". This was not something any true sports fan wants to see for any student athlete.

 

That being said I will take a 60 point Beat down handed to the Steelers by the Bengals !

 

Could be a season changing game next week for North if they can put a "W" on South Oldham which is playing well from what I'm told.

Passing late and a late onside kick in a 60-0 game is cllassy? Really?

Late game passing and a late on side kick in a 60-0 game is classy? Really

Knute, South won't go for that next week.

I am sure that all of these games being talked about would have a little bit of a different outcome, if there star running back was in the game. I know for a fact Adamski worked hard all summer going to 5 different camps to become a positive role model in all of these games. Unfortunate for him, he tore is ACL in the second week of practice, and is now recovering. The small Trimble team may not be WINNING, but they still get out there every Friday night and play with BIG HEARTS. Though Big Hearts don't win a game, I won't them to know they have gained my respect for a different level of bravery on a Friday night.

Passing late and a late onside kick in a 60-0 game is cllassy? Really?

 

OL #70 you can't spell class, where you there? Did not do a pass in the 4th quater. The onside kick was almost a whiff, not an attempt. So shut it.

I'm looking at the stats:

 

NO's last pass attempt as on their 2nd offensive play in the 3rd quarter. To compare, HC's last pass attempt was at the end of their 3rd of 3 offensive series in the 3rd quarter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.