Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Reds Fans Be Concerned?

Featured Replies

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that counting tonight's loss to the Rockies the Reds are 11 below .500 against teams with a winning record?

 

21 - 32?

 

Anyone else?

  • Replies 89
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that counting tonight's loss to the Rockies the Reds are 11 below .500 against teams with a winning record?

 

21 - 32?

 

Anyone else?

 

 

Since my only concern is them making the playoffs, not a bit.

It is certainly something that concerns me but at this point just get into the playoffs and maybe they can get hot.

Their record does not concern me nearly as much as the possibility of facing Halladay, Oswalt & Hamels in a best of 5 series.

 

The Reds are not going to win the World Series, but this has been a great year. They have taken care of business & could potentially have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Once the playoffs start, anything can happen.

I would certainly like to see them get on a bit of a roll heading into the playoffs. It would take a major collapse for them for them not to make it at this point, but starting to get the feeling they are backing their way into it.

 

Which, of course, is still better than not making it at all . . . .

I would certainly like to see them get on a bit of a roll heading into the playoffs. It would take a major collapse for them for them not to make it at this point, but starting to get the feeling they are backing their way into it.

 

Which, of course, is still better than not making it at all . . . .

 

 

Everyone said the 1990 team backed into the playoffs. I'd take the same results. :D

  • Author
Since my only concern is them making the playoffs, not a bit.

 

The Reds are making the playoffs.

 

My question deals with once they get there.

 

Yes, anything can happen but what makes us believe the Reds will have success?

  • Author
Everyone said the 1990 team backed into the playoffs. . :D

 

They did? First place from start to finish and they backed in?

They did? First place from start to finish and they backed in?

 

I was kind of thinking that myself, but I just checked out their record and sure enough they did have a pretty average September (14-15). Of course, the 2010 Reds might be very lucky to end up with that kind of September the way things are going now.

After 15 years, play offs is a victory so I'm like the others and not concerned.

  • Author
I was kind of thinking that myself, but I just checked out their record and sure enough they did have a pretty average September (14-15). Of course, the 2010 Reds might be very lucky to end up with that kind of September the way things are going now.

 

35 - 32 against teams with a winning record in 1990.

  • Author
After 15 years, play offs is a victory so I'm like the others and not concerned.

 

I'm not big on "well at least we made it."

They did? First place from start to finish and they backed in?

 

 

 

Is your memory that bad Clyde? The Reds struggled down the stretch in 1990. There were some people that thought they back into the playoffs.

The Reds are making the playoffs.

 

My question deals with once they get there.

 

Yes, anything can happen but what makes us believe the Reds will have success?

 

 

I'm not counting the chickens before they hatch. Like you said, anything can happen. If they indeed make it, how far they go depends on who they draw the first round. I think the Phillies have to be the favorite, but even though they were only 2-5 against the Phillies this year, every game they lost went down to the wire.

35 - 32 against teams with a winning record in 1990.

 

Good point. Big difference from the current team. Still cool as heck to be rooting for the Reds in September, whether they are backing their way in or stand a realistic shot of advancing in the playoffs.

 

Why don't you come up with some nice Diamond Seat tix and take me as your guest?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.