Raceland/Greenup County Predictions

Ram

Who wins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raceland
    • Greenup County

Hello Ram fans........oldrambler is back. I still do not put any predictions on Raceland games.........................GO RAMS!!!!!!!

It's about time, the Rams need some inspiration and you are just the man to give it to them. If oldrambler can get on here then the Rams can overachieve and beat a Greenup County team.

It's a great day to be a Ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenup is the underdog, right?:sssh:

Yea, ah no. You cheered about this team all year, "they are working hard", "our line is strong", "our line was our secret weapon", "we have 18 senior", "they are buying in to what Copley is teaching". I don't think you are the underdog.

Hello Ram fans........oldrambler is back. I still do not put any predictions on Raceland games.........................GO RAMS!!!!!!!

Glad to hear from you OR. By the way, caught 5 keepers at Yatesville last week, not a one on a spinnerbait!:lol:

Greenup is a heavy favorite Friday night in Lloyd. This year reminds me of when these two played in the 80's when the difference in classes (4A vs 1A) was a huge advantage for GC. I believe that Raceland will have to play a perfect game in order to win this one. Greenup is bigger, faster, stronger and more experienced in this one. Anyone calling GC the underdog is the ultimate sandbagger!!!!!!!! :cool::notworthy:

It's good to see you back!

This game has become a big rivalry game. I expect this year's version to be extra special.

Greenup is a heavy favorite Friday night in Lloyd. This year reminds me of when these two played in the 80's when the difference in classes (4A vs 1A) was a huge advantage for GC. I believe that Raceland will have to play a perfect game in order to win this one. Greenup is bigger, faster, stronger and more experienced in this one. Anyone calling GC the underdog is the ultimate sandbagger!!!!!!!! :cool::notworthy:

I have learned from the best!!!!

WELCOME BACK RAMBLER!! Your return has got to be worth at least 7 points for the Rams....with that in mind, I predict a Raceland victory on Friday night.

Let's face it Greenup has 18 senior, Raceland has 9. Greenup has large experienced line, Raceland has two returning starters on the line and averages 5'10 190 pounds. Greenup has experience everywhere, Raceland is trying to get experience before the district games. Greenup is has everything to lose, Raceland has nothing to lose.

As for the Raceland players, over-achievement has been our calling card all along, we are the perpetual underdog, and the team that everyone loves to see get beat. Please, for the love of God, don't disappoint. Play with intensity, physicality, and an attitude. Because I heard Greenup wanted to run the score up as much as possible and then not resign the contract to play Raceland anymore. Give them something to think about before they drop us from the schedule.

Let's face it Greenup has 18 senior, Raceland has 9. Greenup has large experienced line, Raceland has two returning starters on the line and averages 5'10 190 pounds. Greenup has experience everywhere, Raceland is trying to get experience before the district games. Greenup is has everything to lose, Raceland has nothing to lose.

As for the Raceland players, over-achievement has been our calling card all along, we are the perpetual underdog, and the team that everyone loves to see get beat. Please, for the love of God, don't disappoint. Play with intensity, physicality, and an attitude. Because I heard Greenup wanted to run the score up as much as possible and then not resign the contract to play Raceland anymore. Give them something to think about before they drop us from the schedule.

I have heard that Boyd County has already informed us that they will not renew their contract for next year. With realignment, we lose the LCA game for next year. If we lose Greenup as well, we will be trying to fill 3 game slots next year. That will be difficult.

I have not heard anything about Greenup dropping Raceland from their schedule...We do not even have an athletic director at this time and all game scheduling/changes to contracts are pending. I would hate to see this happen and just can not believe this is true. This game is important financially to both teams as it always draws huge crowds. Despite the friendly rivalry that happens I have always had respect for Racelands program and believe the same to be true from our coaching staff. With the realignment of districts next season, Greenup will be changing several contracts. Currently Ashland has a contract with us to play in week 0. Since they will be in our district next year this will have to be changed to late in the season. Several of our 2 year contracts are expiring and will have to be redone and changed to different weeks.

As for the "running up the score" I do not see this happening...(I think the game will be alot closer than most people think.) If GC were to get out ahead, I believe Coach Copley has to much class to do something like that. If you have information that differs from what I have stated here please PM me and let me know your source.