Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest Contender Knocked Out in 1st Round?

Featured Replies

Henderson seemed to have more stature around the state than they did in western Kentucky.

 

Agreed, which is why I would say Marshall rather than Henderson here. I felt the same way as Scribe, that if Hendo didn't lose to Christian they would lose to Marshall, but for the record, I picked them to lose to Christian. The team was never the same without Rainey, and it was like a house of cards; you were just waiting for that one card to fall and take the whole house with it. The Owensboro game was treated like an aberration at the time; it now appears it was a sign of impending doom.

Johnson Central and Madison Central.

Johnson Central

 

:thumb: I dont know what happend.

I would say Marshall just because the manner in which they lost and to who they lost. Christian was a 100% better then their record. Their Defense had been their main down fall and they really stepped that up Friday against Henderson. Marshall got pounded by an Apollo team that just isn't that good. I really question how CC lost that bad to Marshall and how WC almost lost to Marshall.

Marshall got pounded by an Apollo team that just isn't that good. I really question how CC lost that bad to Marshall and how WC almost lost to Marshall.

 

 

Turnovers killed Marshall in the Apollo game...All year, they avoided turnovers and it hurt em in this one...They didn't exactly get pounded,they were ahead 20-14 midway thru the 3rd qtr when the walls caved in...As far as CC is concerned, its that jekyl and hyde thing with them..They looked great against Henry Clay, Hopkinsville and Henderson and then lousy against Marshall and Graves...WCentral is a more talented team than Marshall, but, they aren't so much better that you can expect a blowout...

Turnovers killed Marshall in the Apollo game...All year, they avoided turnovers and it hurt em in this one...They didn't exactly get pounded,they were ahead 20-14 midway thru the 3rd qtr when the walls caved in...As far as CC is concerned, its that jekyl and hyde thing with them..They looked great against Henry Clay, Hopkinsville and Henderson and then lousy against Marshall and Graves...WCentral is a more talented team than Marshall, but, they aren't so much better that you can expect a blowout...

 

I have seen Apollo play. They aren't this good. Henderson held Apollo scoreless and to very little total offense. It may only have been for the last quarter and a half but they got pounded. If you say they were up 20-14 midway thru the 3rd then that makes it even worse.

Anyone know what cost JC

I'd say Marshall County losing to Apollo.

Christian County beating Henderson shouldn't have been a huge shock since they've proven to be a pretty good team this year.

 

I'm not sure any real contenders got knocked out of the playoffs in round 1.

5 turn overs cost the game with JC.They trailed the whole game and kept making a run to get back in the game.But no team can win with that amount of turnovers.

Henderson and Ryle come to mind but Ryle really had no chance in a matchup with T.

Passing D would have been there achilles heal but I believe they would have given them a good game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.