Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Madison Southern that good?

Featured Replies

Alot of people are picking them to win this coming week. What do they haveand what happened for them to lose against Bell the first game?

There is no school in the state named Madison. Richmond Madison consolidated to form Madison Central back in the '70s.

There is no school in the state named Madison. Richmond Madison consolidated to form Madison Central back in the '70s.
I think he means Madison southern though...
I think he means Madison southern though...

 

I figured as much, but I think the Madison Southern folks would probably be insulted by the lack of respect displayed by not distinguishing between them and Madison Central.

  • Author

So you all have no imput on Madison Southern?

So you all have no imput on Madison Southern?

 

Good team. Beat North Laurel 58-0 at North. Impressed me. The Stocker kid is for real and Ashland will have to account for him at all times, should both teams meet up. I don't know that the Eagles can win at Log Mountain, though.

The Bell Co. vs. Madison Southern game was soooo close, and MS had the game up until some very weird calls were made...(ie, whistles that were said to be blown but weren't..etc.). Not going to open that can of worms though..Bell played hard and won that game. They're a great and solid team...

 

With that said, I've seen MS play and win all season and still get under-estimated. About 90% of the MS vs. JC playoff game posts had JC in favor by quite a bit..and MS came out on top. They are for real!!

 

They've got some great players and a great coaching staff that have lead this team to W's all season..lots of blow-out games this year, too...

 

What else do you want to know? Lots of info here..from a fan who follows them!

There is no school in the state named Madison. Richmond Madison consolidated to form Madison Central back in the '70s.

Actually both schools were in existence at the same time. Madison High being the city school and Madison Central being the county school. I think it was in the late '80s when the city and county schools consolidated.

 

If memory serves me correctly Madison Southern opened about the same time,or a little after, as the consolidation.

Madison Southern is a very good team! I think if a team is going to beat them they will have to be a really good passing team. They are STRONG on defending the run.

Actually both schools were in existence at the same time. Madison High being the city school and Madison Central being the county school. I think it was in the late '80s when the city and county schools consolidated.

 

If memory serves me correctly Madison Southern opened about the same time,or a little after, as the consolidation.

 

I wasn't 100 percent sure, but I knew you could help me get my facts straight! :thumb:

Madison Southern is a very good team! I think if a team is going to beat them they will have to be a really good passing team. They are STRONG on defending the run.

 

Given all the interceptions as of late with Cruse, Marcum, etc., I would not count on the pass to beat MS. They are a much different team today than yesterday. Hatcher has really stepped it up along with others (too many to mention). Stocker is a tremendous athlete who can play both sides of the game (offense/defense). As tight end, he can strong arm anyone. The game on Friday night was one of the best games ever played by two high school teams. I expect nothing less this Friday night.

 

I do have a question, I noticed coaches couldn't stay on the sidelines. Can't that be construed as an intimidation tactic by the coach to the referees if they continually go out on the field without calling a timeout?

 

Enlighten me . . .

I wasn't 100 percent sure, but I knew you could help me get my facts straight! :thumb:

I had to ask Mrs. nWo! She graduated from Madison High. :D

Who are the line coaches at Madison Southern

Madison SOUTHERN, to clear up in misrepresentation, is a solid well-balanced Football team. I doubted this team at the begining of the season but not NOW. Madison Southern IS for real!!!!

YES! They also have a senior dominated defense. They are huge, strong and pretty quick, and their offense is pretty doggone good as well with a very balance passing/rush attack.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.