Top Academic Students in the Bluegrass

85Bears

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From CovCath

Mr. Chris Gerwe

Chris will be attending the University of Kentucky and received so much in scholarship money, that UK will be depositing a nice check in his personal checking account each month that he can spend as he so chooses. Outstanding young man.

• 4 weeks later...
From CovCath

Mr. Chris Gerwe

Chris will be attending the University of Kentucky and received so much in scholarship money, that UK will be depositing a nice check in his personal checking account each month that he can spend as he so chooses. Outstanding young man.

Wow! From UK? My son was an excellent HS student and scored very high on ACT and got very little money for UK. I was surprised by how little monetary help he received and no his mother and I are NOT well off at all.

However, it is great that Chris was able to get the money for UK.

Wow! From UK? My son was an excellent HS student and scored very high on ACT and got very little money for UK. I was surprised by how little monetary help he received and no his mother and I are NOT well off at all.

However, it is great that Chris was able to get the money for UK.

It was the exact same thing for me. I scored a 30 on my ACT and had a 4.34 GPA in high school but I got very little money from UK. I did receive a full ride from UofL though but chose to go to UK to pursue a Pharmacy career there. I've gotten similar things said to me from friends when they were applying to college. UK seemed to offer little to in-state students and more to out-of-state kids and it was vice-versa for UofL. Anybody else experience something similar to this?

How do you get governors scholar with out a score of at least that high?

I would assume that most do but the GSA students might not all have that high of a score.

I should mention the 28 is a requirement for full tuition at UK. It probably differs at each school.

• 1 year later...
As long as he gets a 28 on his ACT.

So I am cruising through the Breakroom and I start reading this thread.

I have been wanting to ask about the Governor Scholar program beccause I am not that familiar with it.

Anybody have any experience with the program, or have a kid that was part of it?

So I am cruising through the Breakroom and I start reading this thread.

I have been wanting to ask about the Governor Scholar program beccause I am not that familiar with it.

Anybody have any experience with the program, or have a kid that was part of it?

Here is a list by school showing what they offer Gov Scholar students as far as scholarship.s

Kentucky Governor's Scholars Program > Applicants > Apply > Scholarships