Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Greenup County Predictions

Who wins? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Ashland
      86%
    • Greenup County
      13%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Tomcats are loaded. I think that Greenup will be a good team. I think if GC can't play keep away on offense Ashland will kill the muskies. On the other hand, if the muskies can control the ball with the wishbone they can maybe keep the score down. I don't think it really matters though. Ashland will come out on top!! This will be a big year for the T-cats.. And maybe a big .500 year for GCHS. Been a few years for GC winning 5/6 games.

I'm sold on a big season of the T-Cats, I am hearing nice things about Gregg as a football player and his size and athletic ability just adds to a talented Ashland Squad. Now Greenup is loaded with seniors and that is always a plus, add Lyles in to the mix with a ball controled 'O' & this could = a closer game than expected.

Ashland is going to be very good. Trent Hardy is a monster this year, he looks a lot bigger and in a lot better shape. He will dominate. Rister and his receivers are going to have a lot trouble passing against a very good defensive backfield. Ashland is going to be fast, and I don't think Greenup has anyone to keep up with them.

 

Ashland 34

Greenup 14

  • Author

I, too, think Ashland will win. In my view, it will be a big surprise if anyone from our area can come within a couple TD's of Ashland this year.

 

Just like last year, it's tough for Greenup to have all these lofty offseason accolades and expectations only to have to start their year playing the best team on their schedule. If Greenup does hang with the Tomcats, they will certainly put the area on notice that they just be might be for real this season. If they somehow beat Ashland, then the sky's the limit for the Musketeers.

I suspect Ashland can name the score. JV entire 4th quarter. This isn't an indictment on Greenup. I think Ashland is simply that far ahead. Hope both teams finish the contest healthy.

Ashlands wins 20-0, this game will be closer then many people believe.

I got a feeling it will only be close halfway thru the 1st qtr. Ashland put it on them last year. And both teams are better. So I doubt it will be anything different then the last time they played. Ashland defeated GC 51-7 last year. It's going to be power and Speed vs Power and......

Ashland had some studs on the field against Mason County in the scrimmage Friday night. #80, #74, #30, #2 in particular (sorry, I don't know the names). With the exception of a couple of big plays, they shut the Royals down.

 

Take this prediction with a grain of salt since I haven't seen the Musketeers since the final regular-season game last year; but I'll say Ashland 40, Greenup County 13.

Ashland is going to be fast, and I don't think Greenup has anyone to keep up with them.

 

Ashland showed a lot of speed on defense in the scrimmage against Mason. I felt that hurt Mason more than anything. Offensively, Ashland has good speed, not great, and runs a lot of misdirection/counter stuff. Very deceptive. Plus, Ashland is deep and has solid players in every position. A tough start to the season for Greenup.

I would like to see this game in week six or later but since it is opening night I have to go with Ashland. I think this game is going to be a lot closer than last year. Coach Copley has had GC working hard in the weight room and having 18 seniors has to be a plus. Being a GC Alum, my sentimental pick is the Musketeers but my brain says Ashland is the best team in the area and will probably win. Good luck to both teams and I can't wait to go watch this one.

I would like to see this game in week six or later but since it is opening night I have to go with Ashland. I think this game is going to be a lot closer than last year. Coach Copley has had GC working hard in the weight room and having 18 seniors has to be a plus. Being a GC Alum, my sentimental pick is the Musketeers but my brain says Ashland is the best team in the area and will probably win. Good luck to both teams and I can't wait to go watch this one.

 

agree Doc... With the Rams playing Sat. allows for me to go to this game:clap:

I hope to see a much improved Greenup Co. team take the field Friday. But, it sounds like they will have their hands full with Ashland (which from all reports is better this year too). I can't wait.

Ashland 49

Greenup Co. 21

 

I guess Greenup will have to show their improvement on the field and not in words because they are not getting any love on here. Just sayin'.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.