Clary out, Martin in, now out at Lexington Catholic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he wasn't involved in that incident at all....his only involvement was that the young man in question was transferring to his team. The emails and subsequent release of information didn't involve anyone in the Lexington Catholic program.

I think that personally Clary is a good guy. However, there had been way too much going on with kids joining his summer team and then transferring to Catholic and that does include the entire Henry Clay/Hammond incident. Situation was way too risky for Catholic IMO. I am surprised that they brought Martin back though. That is an interesting move.

Shocking and undoubtedly planned...This has to be the shadiest baseball deal I have witnessed yet. Letting Clary go only hurts Catholic's program and the boys. Administration issued the black eye with bringing Martin back into the mix . Especially considering the reasons surrounding his "retirement." Clary will be scooped up by a neighboring program without question and rightly so. It's the kids and the program that will suffer at the President's hands.

Clary was becoming the face of Lexington Catholic baseball and it's a shame to see a program which he had helped bring to such prominence turn on him and reject him only to promote someone with such a rocky track record. I hope he catches on somewhere else, though it will be hard for him to see HIS team be coached by someone else.