Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Warren 2010

Featured Replies

What does South Warren need to do to improve in
2010?
What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

South Warren will play a JV schedule in 2010. They begin varsity football in 2011. Mark Nelson takes over after leading Greenwood to the Final Four in 2009 and will take over a program with top notch facilities and football minded administration.

Assuming all things remain the same (6 classes, normal breakdown, etc.), what class is South Warren expected to participate in? How will it affect the rest of the Warren County schools? Is Nelson coaching the JV team this season or is he still at Greenwood? Who will/has replace(d) Nelson at Greenwood?

Nelson will coach the JV just as though it were a Varsity tem this year. S. Warren will play two Friday night JV games when they play Allen Co. and Warren East on those two school's "off" week Friday nights.

 

Coach Cavanaugh(Sp?) takes over G-wood and is an excellent fit for the Gators as that he is a long time fixture at Greenwood and the kids know him and he knows the ins and outs of that school.

 

South Warren will most likely be a 3A program with the 2011-12 realignment if it stays 6 classes, but who knows what will happen there. :idunno:

What school districts will South Warren be getting their students from? Meaning...what Warren County schools(including Bowling Green) will be hurt enrollment wise/athletically by South Warren opening up?

What is their nickname and colors?

What is their nickname and colors?

 

I believe they are the South Warren Spartans. Their colors are royal, silver, and black, I believe.

What school districts will South Warren be getting their students from? Meaning...what Warren County schools(including Bowling Green) will be hurt enrollment wise/athletically by South Warren opening up?

 

If I'm not mistaken, someone else posted last year that Greenwood would lose 30-35% of its student population and Warren Central would lose around 150 students. I don't believe Bowling Green and Warren East were to be affected.

GCHS, I also remember that thread and thought that GWood would be losing the most students. DragonFire, where are you?

I have no idea what the real numbers turned out to be, and a lot of stuff about it has either not been made public or I just missed it. I know 100% they did not take what they were originally supposed to try to take from Greenwood, so Greenwood is probably a little larger than they should be.

 

I am surprised they would be low enough to be 3A, but I would trust W.E. Raider to know that side better than me.

 

As to how many and from whom the students were coming, most of South Warren came from Greenwood, with the rest coming from Warren Central. Warren Central was said to have lost somewhere between 100-200 students. I know that South Warren was anticipated to have something like 1200-1300 students in the middle school and high school combined, so maybe South Warren would be looking at around 800 or so in their inaugural enrollment. I could see them being in 3A if their enrollment were based on this year alone, as likely some of the males stayed behind to play at Greenwood. Any senior was given the option of staying, and all varsity football players were given the chance as well since South Warren will not field a varsity team this season.

 

If I were guessing, my bet would be by no later than 2013, South Warren will be in 4A. Greenwood may not drop down to 5A as had been initially speculated unless they take more off of them down the road. No one really knows where Warren Central is going to end up at this point, though I would think they'll be at the high end of 4A or low end of 5A by 2013. Bowling Green and Warren East will remain where they are.

Brandon was recently hired as PE/Health Teacher at South Warren high school and will start his coaching career as Assitant Coach for the new Spartans! Congratulations to Brandon!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.