Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tournament Updates

Featured Replies

Butler 7

Boone County 2

 

This game ended at 12:30...

 

I know they try to do two sessions, but I would like to see the KHSAA start times for baseball on the first two days to be set at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and 7pm.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington Christian finished off Lone Oak 7-2. LCA will play Male on Thursday evening at 6.

 

Harrison County and Clay County about to begin.

Quarterfinals look like this now:

 

Wednesday

6:00 - Pikeville (25-10) vs. Greenup County (26-16)

8:30 - Butler (26-12-1) vs. West Jessamine (34-7)

 

Thursday

6:00 - Lexington Christian (27-10) vs. Male (28-11-1)

8:30 - Daviess County (22-14) vs. Harrison County (32-4)/Clay County (25-14) winner

 

Friday - Semifinals

6:00 - Wednesday winners

8:30 - Thursday winners

 

Saturday - Championship

7:00 - Semifinal winners

Warren Central absolutely should not have lost that game. Held on too long with Waldrop. It's tough to pull a guy that had you up 4-1 with 2 outs in the bottom of the seventh, but 20/20 hindsight shows that's when he finally faltered.

Any updates on the Harrison Co game?

 

According to Mike Fields of the Lexington Herald, Harrison County led Clay County 4-0 after three innings before a lightning delay started at 10:24. That means a 30 minute delay at least, so the game couldn't start until 10:54. But it appears that lightning is still happening with storms behind it, so who knows what will happen.

 

If I'm not mistaken, at the state tournament last season Harrison County/Trinity was delayed by bad weather and Harrison County was very much in favor of delaying the game until the next day (which, incidently, would mean the Trinity pitcher was ineligible to pitch). It was delayed and the Breds won before being routed by Lexington Catholic in the semifinals that night. Obviously Harrison County has a larger lead tonight and one wouldn't expect Clay County to be on the level of Trinity last year, but there could be a delay until tomorrow (or Thursday, dependent upon how the KHSAA would do it).

The difference in this year and last was that they only played 2 innings last year (meaning the pitchers would be eligible for the next day). This year both teams have had their pitchers in for atleast 3 innings so they are both "dead" for tomorrow.

 

Harrison is up 4-0 going into the 4th...they are going to resume play tomorrow at 11 am.

 

If I'm not mistaken, at the state tournament last season Harrison County/Trinity was delayed by bad weather and Harrison County was very much in favor of delaying the game until the next day (which, incidently, would mean the Trinity pitcher was ineligible to pitch). It was delayed and the Breds won before being routed by Lexington Catholic in the semifinals that night. Obviously Harrison County has a larger lead tonight and one wouldn't expect Clay County to be on the level of Trinity last year, but there could be a delay until tomorrow (or Thursday, dependent upon how the KHSAA would do it).

 

I think you are mistaken. Harrison County wanted to finish the game last year too. Playing 2 games the same day was a huge disadvantage to Harrison County against Lexington Catholic.

I think you are mistaken. Harrison County wanted to finish the game last year too. Playing 2 games the same day was a huge disadvantage to Harrison County against Lexington Catholic.

 

Perhaps so. It was obviously a disadvantage for Harrison against Catholic. I guess I was mistaken, but I was almost positive this board lit up last season with people saying Trinity wanted to continue playing and Harrison wanted a delay. Did it maybe have something to do with Trinity's starting pitcher having to attend a relative's funeral the next day when the game was rescheduled?

Perhaps so. It was obviously a disadvantage for Harrison against Catholic. I guess I was mistaken, but I was almost positive this board lit up last season with people saying Trinity wanted to continue playing and Harrison wanted a delay. Did it maybe have something to do with Trinity's starting pitcher having to attend a relative's funeral the next day when the game was rescheduled?

 

You are right about Trinity's player, but I was under the understanding that everyone wanted to finish that game. But it was midnight and only in the 3rd inning so they decided to call it then. As a matter of fact they were playing at the time and Tackett came out of the stands and had the coaches meet at home plate and then it was called.

Harrison 8

Clay 0

 

Top of the 6th

Edited by KY Thorobred

Dragon, got to finish in all sports. Not Male's fault leaving in the pitcher and also the wild pitch. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit.

Dragon, got to finish in all sports. Not Male's fault leaving in the pitcher and also the wild pitch. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit.

 

Well aware on all points. Not saying it's Male's fault the pitcher was left in, but that's the point isn't it? That's what I was pointing out, that Waldrop looked spent, and 20/20 hindsight probably says he should have come out after he hit the batter. I do recognize that was a tough decision to make with a guy that most of the time goes the distance.

 

Had Male done it against a fresh guy, I'd be more willing to agree with giving Male more credit. Waldrop issued his only walk on pitches to begin the slide, and later an intentional one. He had his only hit batter in the inning. Had his only wild pitch. And had pretty much all these things in succession. The hits, all the credit in the world for getting them. Those other things, definite signs of fatigue from a pitcher trying to go the distance in 94 degree weather. Like I said, had Male done them against a fresh reliever, I would feel a little more inclined to throw it all on the Bulldog side.

 

I feel it's worth asking as well, if that's not a situation where you'd point more at what the losing team did late than what the winning team did, pray tell what circumstances do you think you would? You say sometimes you have to give the other team credit like that's something that isn't said every single time. I think the message that conveys is ALWAYS give the other team the credit. I simply don't believe that's a correct stance.

Edited by DragonFire

Dragon, we both played sports so you & I both know sometimes a team wins and you/me/team gave them the victory. When I played sports where I was the only team player I had no one to blame but me. Male was down to their last out, and that has to count for something, also the Coach for WC made some statements that didn't seem very nice. "We were the better team". Well, they wasn't this one nite and sometimes you have to give the other team its due. There is something about not giving up. If I was at the game I'd probaby left and miss the end.

 

Also a best of three might show that WC was the best team. Bama was in a best of three at Clemson, won the first and lost the last two so they are no going to the WS.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.