9th Region Postseason

Not in the order of who wins the districts but by alphabetic order of the two teams who I think will move forward to the Region.

36th

Newport and Newport Central Catholic

35th

Covington Catholic and Covington Holy Cross

34th

Dixie Heights and St. Henry District High School

33rd

Boone County and Ryle

Outside looking in but are better than some of the teams making it in: 33rd Conner, 35th Beechwood and 36th because they got unlucky in the blind draw Highlands.

Would agree but under those lights, Roenker ball will be tough enough to see, let alone to hit!

Dixie didnt have a problem hitting him under the lights at Meinken. Beechwood will be just fine.

TOG dont you worry. The last thing we would want to see is the Tigers to beat the Colonels AGAIN.

The way the 9th region tournament is set up this year it is wide open for any of the teams that make it. Playing the first round on Monday and not playing again until Friday with the finals on Saturday means that a team can get by with just their #1 and #2 pitcher. Not like years past where you needed more than 2 pitchers to win a regional title.

The way the 9th region tournament is set up this year it is wide open for any of the teams that make it. Playing the first round on Monday and not playing again until Friday with the finals on Saturday means that a team can get by with just their #1 and #2 pitcher. Not like years past where you needed more than 2 pitchers to win a regional title.

I agree. I still think I like the old set up better. A team had to have depth in their rotation to make it to state.

Dixie didnt have a problem hitting him under the lights at Meinken. Beechwood will be just fine.

TOG dont you worry. The last thing we would want to see is the Tigers to beat the Colonels AGAIN.

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't CovCath won 8 out of the last 9 between these two. They pretty much own Beechwood. That AGAIN comment should be reversed.

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't CovCath won 8 out of the last 9 between these two. They pretty much own Beechwood. That AGAIN comment should be reversed.

It is funny. This rivalry reminds me of the CCH/Highlands football one in reverse. The Tigers fans always remember the few times in baseball they beat CovCath. (Yes including last years Region final.) The Colonel faithful can recite every last football win against Highlands. It doesn't happen all that often. The truth is generally CCH is better than Beechwood in baseball, and generally Highlands is better than CCH in football.

I said that again comment because Beechwood beat them when it mattered. I could care less if my team gets beat 99 times as long as we win that one game that matters.

I agree. I still think I like the old set up better. A team had to have depth in their rotation to make it to state.

I like the old way better also. You should need a good rotation to win a tournament, not just one or two. Boone has a nice rotation in Deno, Laumann, Teegarden, Alford. Who are some others with a good rotation ?

It is funny. This rivalry reminds me of the CCH/Highlands football one in reverse. The Tigers fans always remember the few times in baseball they beat CovCath. (Yes including last years Region final.) The Colonel faithful can recite every last football win against Highlands. It doesn't happen all that often. The truth is generally CCH is better than Beechwood in baseball, and generally Highlands is better than CCH in football.

I think you've nailed it.

I like the old way better also. You should need a good rotation to win a tournament, not just one or two. Boone has a nice rotation in Deno, Laumann, Teegarden, Alford. Who are some others with a good rotation ?

Donovan, Imai, and Gorbandt have been rock solid all year long for Ryle. Both O'Bryan and Hensley have also contributed solid starts.

Conner has West, Russell, Way, Pugh, Delph, and Albrecht. Samad has also returned from his injury but I am not sure if he can pitch