State AAU Tourney

Looks like your prediction of DSAS and SS-Price is off. Who are the studs on both of these teams?

It was off for a reason :D. I would have thought that DSAS would have been in the finals Vs SS-Davis. I did not get to see much of CC this weekend so I do not know who they have on that team.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, I felt like once they had all of their players they would be tuff to beat.

Some team members I know are:

Stenzel and Purvis of GRC, Abell, Kimbro, Shanklin and Knipp.

They didn't even have all of their players most of this weekend either. I heard Stenzel was sick, and one other player was sick last night and didn't play today.

And... Basham and Purvis. Why did SS-Davis feel the need to bring on Kimbro?

Kimbro has planned on playing with Coach Davis for a while. He just returned last week from school and this weekend was the first weekend he was available to play. He was a much needed body for this weekend. Tony is a very talented player and fit in very well.

Just for the record, I was the non-coach sitting on the bench talking to one of the players from KY Select. Hatton and I had been messing around with each other all day. We were just having fun with each other. Their was no disrespect. I have nothing but good things to say about this young man. I sat with Hatton after that game and watched another game with him. He is a great kid and a great player.

The KY Select team is doing some amazing things and are very fun to watch. They have some very talented kids that really understand how to play the game. James as always is doing a great job with the kids.

They didn't even have all of their players most of this weekend either. I heard Stenzel was sick, and one other player was sick last night and didn't play today.

Yes he was sick, but still shot around 75-80% in the limited timed he did play. Congrats to coach Davis and team.

The HS age players have their state AAU tourney next weekend at the KBA, who are the favorites?

I would say that the DSAS are hands down the favorite in the 17U, can anyone stop them?

Hands down, explain?

KY Select run ends. Fall to Hoops Elite 73-60 in Quarter Finals. After falling behind 17 at the half, never could get over the hump. Nice run this weekend for this bunch. Good luck to a nice Hoops Elite team.

I saw this game. They did seem to struggle a bit, but it seems like they had a real nice weekend. Congrats to the team!

It was off for a reason :D. I would have thought that DSAS would have been in the finals Vs SS-Davis. I did not get to see much of CC this weekend so I do not know who they have on that team.

This team is loaded. Barkesdale, Walter Alexander, Seth Beckham, and another kid from Seneca, #2, a very nice player. They also had another solid post player, #14 (dont know his name), but he was also solid. This team is completely different from last year.

I said people needed to watch out for the Charlotte Court ;)

I said I didnt think they could win it, but they would make a run. And they did. Job well done to them. I like this team and program.

Great, I felt like once they had all of their players they would be tuff to beat.

Some team members I know are:

Stenzel and Purvis of GRC, Abell, Kimbro, Shanklin and Knipp.

Kimbro appeared to be a non-factor in each of the games I saw. I guess because he doesnt usually play with this group...???

Yes he was sick, but still shot around 75-80% in the limited timed he did play. Congrats to coach Davis and team.

I think Stenzel is one of the best players on this team, if not the best. Abel is very good, and I like the potential of Gaines as well, but Stenzel just seems to make things work very smoothly on the floor. And he works very hard on the court. Nice.