Online Poker

UKMustangFan

Who plays?

I use Full Tilt, and have been getting royally screwed today.

Moron called my A-10s with a 6-7o preflop and caught a straight on the river in one game.

Another, idiot calls my A-Ks preflop with 5-3o and catches runner runner for a flush after I hit two pair on the flop.

I love playing poker, and enjoy the online games, but some of the garbage players really get under my skin.

Who plays?

Moron called my A-10s with a 6-7o preflop and caught a straight on the river in one game.

Another, idiot calls my A-Ks preflop with 5-3o and catches runner runner for a flush after I hit two pair on the flop.

I love playing poker, and enjoy the online games, but some of the garbage players really get under my skin.

I used to play online, but people like that drove me off of there. I enjoy playing poker, and I hate when people play like that because it takes all the skill out of the game IMO.

Who plays?

You find bad players in almost every game that us amatuers play in, bad beats happen to all of us. Only thing to do is go to a higher stakes game and play more, as the percentages will work out in the long run. I play both live and online on Pokerstars and it happens everywhere.

Don't you want to play with the terrible players? Yes, it makes it less predictable, but over the long run the % will run to your favor and the $ you should make on the 4/5 hands you win should exceed the 1/5 hand you lose.

Don't you want to play with the terrible players? Yes, it makes it less predictable, but over the long run the % will run to your favor and the $ you should make on the 4/5 hands you win should exceed the 1/5 hand you lose.

No, I'd rather play against players that know what the heck poker is. If I lose, I want it to be knowing I got out-played, not because some moron with half a brain got rewarded by the site for being an idiot.

Bet'em off those bad hands pre-flop. If that doesn't work, you need to play for higher stakes.

I went all-in pre-flop on both hands. They were both at final tables, and neither of us were small stacked.

The stakes don't matter, it happens at all levels, because the ignorant sites like to reward crap players.

I play on full tilt mostly and occasionally on Ultimate Bet. What stakes are you playing? Online poker is tough and getting tougher everyday. Lots of sites offer video training and coaching these days so more an more people are learning the game. and getting better.

Trust me you would rather play with these fish than the regulars at whatever stakes you play. Its frustrating when you run into some variance which it sounds like you have but Id much rather play the guys that you lost to who dont have a clue what they are doing. Play enough and it will even out.

Who plays?

A-10s is only a 65-35 favorite over 6-7o so its not as big of a favorite as you might think. Not saying that the other guy made the right move but around 35 percent of the time he is going to beat you with that hand. Obviously its a +ev move on your part so your going to be happy to get it in like that all day long and win it around 65% of the time. The other times it doesnt win you just have to shake it off and move on to the next one.

The AK hand is the same as the one above percentage wise. Just know you made the right play man and be happy about your play. If you let the beats get to you and make you play on tilt then your going to make worse plays and lose even more.

A-10s is only a 65-35 favorite over 6-7o so its not as big of a favorite as you might think. Not saying that the other guy made the right move but around 35 percent of the time he is going to beat you with that hand. Obviously its a +ev move on your part so your going to be happy to get it in like that all day long and win it around 65% of the time. The other times it doesnt win you just have to shake it off and move on to the next one.

The AK hand is the same as the one above percentage wise. Just know you made the right play man and be happy about your play. If you let the beats get to you and make you play on tilt then your going to make worse plays and lose even more.

:thumb:

All you can do is get your chips in the center with the best hand and if you get outdrawn so be it. I disagree with you though mustang that you want to play with players that "outplay" you. I would rather play at a table where someone is willing to call off their whole stack with me being a 65+% fav everytime.

I went all-in pre-flop on both hands. They were both at final tables, and neither of us were small stacked.

The stakes don't matter, it happens at all levels, because the ignorant sites like to reward crap players.

Switch over to cash games or better yet live cash games.