May 1, 201016 yr Yes, I know the Hawks/Bucks still have a Game 7 on Sunday, the league shouldn't allow Atlanta to advance after the way they have played against a vastly injured Milwaukee team. Anyhoo, great matchups in the 2nd Round... Cleveland Boston Orlando Hawks/Bucks Lakers Jazz Suns Spurs
May 1, 201016 yr I think that all the series besides the Orlando series should be good. They really shouldn't have a problem with either team I don't think. Before the playoffs I would have given Atlanta a small chance, but I just don't think there is anyway they can do it. Give me Orlando in 5 over either team. Cavs/Celtics has me nervous. The first two games of the series should tell the story IMO. If either team wins both games 1 & 2, I think it's over, but if they split its going to be a 6 of 7 game slugfest. Spurs/Suns should be a great series. The ESPN guys seem like they have Phoenix advancing. I'm not buying it. They struggled with a pretty-much Brandon Roy-less Blazers team. Nash is hurt. I personally just don't see it.:idunno: I'll take the Spurs in 6. Does anybody else think the Jazz have a shot? I think they're kind of hard to read, but I honestly think they're better without Okur and Kirilenko as dumb as that sounds. If I'm Sloan I would much rather have Milsap in there over the course of the game than Okur, especially against the Lakers. I AK47 would probably help, but I really don't see a huge drop off with Miles or Matthews. Deron Williams should be good enough to get at least 2 games I think. LA in 6.
May 1, 201016 yr Deron will abuse Fish just like every guard has and will in the playoffs but I still think the Lakers win in 5 or 6
May 1, 201016 yr Yes, I know the Hawks/Bucks still have a Game 7 on Sunday, the league shouldn't allow Atlanta to advance after the way they have played against a vastly injured Milwaukee team. Anyhoo, great matchups in the 2nd Round... Cleveland Boston Orlando Hawks/Bucks Lakers Jazz Suns Spurs Cleveland and Orlando in a conference finals rematch. Lakers and Spurs on the other side.
May 1, 201016 yr Deron will abuse Fish just like every guard has and will in the playoffs but I still think the Lakers win in 5 or 6 HT, do you see LA letting Bryant guard him like they did with Westbrook? JMO, but I think that would be a huge mistake. I could possibly see them trying Artest for periods of time though. I don't know how that would work but the Jazz don't really have a great scorer on the wing and he couldn't do anyworse than Fisher. I do think that one thing to watch is how Fisher and Farmar play on offense. They hit some big shots yesterday, but I don't know that they can do that on Williams. Even CP3 has trouble with DWill's defense when they match up. However, it would be a shocking upset for the Jazz to take them down, so I agree Lakers in 6, though 5 is a possibility.
May 1, 201016 yr I don't think you will see Kobe on Williams unless it's a late game situation. Shannon Brown can hang with him while Fish is out and Fish is big enough to body him up if he tries to post up. Problem is Williams can shoot unlike Westbrook. He should have a monster series but I don't know if the Jazz can hang with the Lakers for 7 games, only way I would be worried if is Utah steals homecourt. I think you might see Artest on him some but I don't see that working out good for the Lakers.
May 1, 201016 yr I don't think you will see Kobe on Williams unless it's a late game situation. Shannon Brown can hang with him while Fish is out and Fish is big enough to body him up if he tries to post up. Problem is Williams can shoot unlike Westbrook. He should have a monster series but I don't know if the Jazz can hang with the Lakers for 7 games, only way I would be worried if is Utah steals homecourt. I think you might see Artest on him some but I don't see that working out good for the Lakers. I really don't see anyone defending him that well. He's a great player and is going to get his. I just wonder how the Lakers will approach it. I personally just wouldn't let Miles, Matthews and Co. on the wing get going. Even if the Jazz can play even at PG and in the Post (combined, not individually obviously), Kobe should ultimately be the difference. I do agree that the Jazz could be a problem if they steal homecourt. They are pretty good in SLC, and the Lakers have not been as good on the road the last two post seasons.
May 2, 201016 yr Author Boston lets a double digit halftime lead slip away, they really blew this game.
May 2, 201016 yr Nice win for the Cavs. This is going to be a good series. Jamison can't guard Garnett, and the Cavs have no answer for Rondo. LeBron is getting better and better at the end of games IMO.
May 2, 201016 yr Boston lets a double digit halftime lead slip away, they really blew this game. The Celtics struggle to score late in games. It started early for them, but they are not efficient in the 4th for the most part from what I've seen this season. I think their problem is they don't really know who to go to. I also saw a stat today to where they shoot exceptionally low at the rim against teams that guard the paint well. I don't think they did tonight, but we'll see how that effects them going forward. Also as hot as Mo Williams was to put the Cavs back into the game I don't really know what you can do about that. He was shooting over defense that didn't seen that poor. JMO.
May 2, 201016 yr Also, what about Hickson? He made some nice plays, and I think he needs to take some of Jamison's minutes in this series to guard Garnett. Like I said in another thread he's a huge part of their chemistry IMO.
May 2, 201016 yr Author Bucks/Hawks Game 7 on ABC, I haven't been this excited since Police Academy 6 debuted on comedy central...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.