Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010-2011 Kentucky Roster.

Featured Replies

This sounds terrible but with the #1 and #2 players in the 2011 class heading to Lexington, I'm having a hard time getting excited about next season.

 

That's what I told somebody...I can't wait for the 2011 season. :lol:

 

It's exciting to think about adding the 2011 class to the guys who (hopefully) return from this class.

 

But, I'm looking forward to seeing Kanter and the backcourt of Knight and Lamb. Once this recruiting insanity is settled, I don't think I'll have much trouble getting excited about the upcoming season. It's going to be a different type of team, better shooters, more scorers, less inside dominance and depth, but UK should have a pretty solid team. If Cal can get Leslie or Jones, we'll have a very talented starting five once again, but not a lot balance from our bench.

That's what I told somebody...I can't wait for the 2011 season. :lol:

 

It's exciting to think about adding the 2011 class to the guys who (hopefully) return from this class.

 

But, I'm looking forward to seeing Kanter and the backcourt of Knight and Lamb. Once this recruiting insanity is settled, I don't think I'll have much trouble getting excited about the upcoming season. It's going to be a different type of team, better shooters, more scorers, less inside dominance and depth, but UK should have a pretty solid team. If Cal can get Leslie or Jones, we'll have a very talented starting five once again, but not a lot balance from our bench.

 

Cal's 30 win season streak is likely going to end unless he gets another big man for next year.

Cal's 30 win season streak is likely going to end unless he gets another big man for next year.

 

:thumb:

If they live up to their billing, the trio of Knight, Lamb, & Kanter could replace the scoring provided by Wall, Cuz, & Pat. That's a BIG "if" but it's not out of the question that those three could fill that gap. If Miller can improve a little bit, he might be able to replace Bledsoe's points.

 

As of tonight, though, our depth is extremely poor. Our size (or lack thereof) will pose a problem too, mostly on defense.

 

I look for much, much more DDMO next season, because our roster is better-suited for it. If Liggins can convert on his drives with some consistency, he could have a breakout year. Liggins' game lacks some things, but the kid can get to the basket. The DDMO should give him opportunities to do just that.

 

It's highly important that we get Leslie or Jones, but as things are looking now, it seems more and more unlikely. Cal said on his Lexy comment tonight that we've "got to get a couple more guys" but that we will be fine. Had some good things to say about Lamb too (he can comment b/c we got Lamb's LOI today).

 

Next year will be interesting, to say the least. I'm excited to see Knight, Lamb, & Kanter. But I think as we stand right now, we're at best a top 15-20 team.

Wnen will we know if we are getting Leslie or Jones or the two not mentioned players by Coach Cal? We must have another Big Man or we are sunk when it comes to being final four material! Coach Cal please let us know The True Blue Fans are suffering in anticipation!

Go Big Blue!

If they live up to their billing, the trio of Knight, Lamb, & Kanter could replace the scoring provided by Wall, Cuz, & Pat. That's a BIG "if" but it's not out of the question that those three could fill that gap. If Miller can improve a little bit, he might be able to replace Bledsoe's points.

 

As of tonight, though, our depth is extremely poor. Our size (or lack thereof) will pose a problem too, mostly on defense.

 

I look for much, much more DDMO next season, because our roster is better-suited for it. If Liggins can convert on his drives with some consistency, he could have a breakout year. Liggins' game lacks some things, but the kid can get to the basket. The DDMO should give him opportunities to do just that.

 

It's highly important that we get Leslie or Jones, but as things are looking now, it seems more and more unlikely. Cal said on his Lexy comment tonight that we've "got to get a couple more guys" but that we will be fine. Had some good things to say about Lamb too (he can comment b/c we got Lamb's LOI today).

 

Next year will be interesting, to say the least. I'm excited to see Knight, Lamb, & Kanter. But I think as we stand right now, we're at best a top 15-20 team.

 

:thumb: Pretty much exaclty the way I see it.

Wnen will we know if we are getting Leslie or Jones or the two not mentioned players by Coach Cal? We must have another Big Man or we are sunk when it comes to being final four material! Coach Cal please let us know The True Blue Fans are suffering in anticipation!

Go Big Blue!

 

Jones has said he's announcing on Friday. Leslie hasn't really set a date (if he has, I'm not aware). Thornton has talked about making his announcement sometime in May. Chris Hill is another player rumored to be in the mix for us, but I've read he has academic issues.

 

Right now, it's just a waiting game.

Saw Dodson on campus yesterday. Had an envelope in hand and was no where close to the Wildcat Lodge or any class buildings.

Saw Dodson on campus yesterday. Had an envelope in hand and was no where close to the Wildcat Lodge or any class buildings.

 

Whereabouts on campus?

Whereabouts on campus?

 

Over by the Veteran Affairs Hospital parking lot.

If we don't land Leslie, Jones, Thornton, or Polson, this team will have 8 players.

Harrellson

Miller

Liggins

Hood

Kanter

Knight

Poole

Lamb

 

I think this team can be a top 15 team in the country. If Cal adds Jones or Leslie then we could be better, but I think the landing of one of those 2 is critical. If UK has to let Harrellson log many minutes then UK will not be elite IMO. Jones & Leslie are the diffrence between a very good basketball team and a championship contender.

 

(I don't think UK will win the National Championship, but with Jones or Leslie they could be a threat to win it. ie Butler)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.