Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal: Stuff surrounding the program will not go on next year...

Featured Replies

I think Cal is gonna put in a policy, "No Cussing". That is childish if you ask me. Better not let your son watch Bob Huggins then..

 

It's beyond childish, it's downright stupid. :thumb:

  • Replies 77
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

 

You absolutely crack me up. Why is cursing, if they're just words (which they are), unacceptable? Either way it's not like we're talking about little kids here either. They're adults, they can say and do pretty much whatever they like.

 

And have a ton of little kids watching them.

 

But it may be a pet peeve with me as a teacher who has students that think it is acceptable to cuss me out on a DAILY basis.

 

They shortly find out it is not acceptable when they get charges filed on them for verbal abuse of a teacher and have to go in front of a judge and explain why they are cussing out teachers.

And have a ton of little kids watching them.

 

But it may be a pet peeve with me as a teacher who has students that think it is acceptable to cuss me out on a DAILY basis.

 

They shortly find out it is not acceptable when they get charges filed on them for verbal abuse of a teacher and have to go in front of a judge and explain why they are cussing out teachers.

 

Athletes are not role models, little kids shouldn't be looking up to them anyways. If they are, that's bad parenting IMO.

 

Filing charges for saying some cuss words? That's an extreme reaction if I've ever heard of one. What harm do the words do? The answer is none.

Athletes are not role models, little kids shouldn't be looking up to them anyways. If they are, that's bad parenting IMO.

 

 

I agree with you 100%

Filing charges for saying some cuss words? That's an extreme reaction if I've ever heard of one. What harm do the words do? The answer is none.

 

It is trying to get students who have responded to nothing else to understand in the real world you will not get by with cursing your boss, a police officer, a judge, etc, etc.

It is trying to get students who have responded to nothing else to understand in the real world you will not get by with cursing your boss, a police officer, a judge, etc, etc.

 

Just let 'em live and learn. They'll figure it out once they do it.

Just let 'em live and learn. They'll figure it out once they do it.

 

It's funny that is one position and then there are the others that we don't do enough as teachers.

 

And what do you think my classroom would be like if I let every student in there curse me out throughout the day. Think a lot of learning is going to occur?

 

They come to school thinking it is acceptable to curse because that is the way communication happens at home and what they see on tv.

 

Someone has to teach them that is not appropriate language in all settings.

It's funny that is one position and then there are the others that we don't do enough as teachers.

 

And what do you think my classroom would be like if I let every student in there curse me out throughout the day. Think a lot of learning is going to occur?

 

They come to school thinking it is acceptable to curse because that is the way communication happens at home and what they see on tv.

 

Someone has to teach them that is not appropriate language in all settings.

 

 

I'd venture to guess that a student is cussing a teacher out because they heard Daniel Orton or John Wall say a bad word on TV.

I'd venture to guess that a student is cussing a teacher out because they heard Daniel Orton or John Wall say a bad word on TV.

 

Not the reason but it reinforces in their teenage mind it is acceptable. ANd they desperately seek reinforcement for things that they want to do.

I'd venture to guess that a student is cussing a teacher out because they heard Daniel Orton or John Wall say a bad word on TV.

 

You may want to add a "NOT" after the word is if you want it to mean what I think you want it to mean.

It's funny that is one position and then there are the others that we don't do enough as teachers.

 

And what do you think my classroom would be like if I let every student in there curse me out throughout the day. Think a lot of learning is going to occur?

 

They come to school thinking it is acceptable to curse because that is the way communication happens at home and what they see on tv.

 

Someone has to teach them that is not appropriate language in all settings.

 

I wonder why every student at my school didn't go around cussing teachers all day long?

 

I wasn't aware that filing charges was your only available source of punishment.

Not the reason but it reinforces in their teenage mind it is acceptable. ANd they desperately seek reinforcement for things that they want to do.

 

Because, in the heat of competition, Orton and Wall blurted out a cuss word not directed at anyone, but said in disgust, kids thinks its acceptable to cuss out their teacher? I guess I'm in the minority when I think kids are smarter than that. Now, I will buy that hearing their mother cuss out their father and vice versa would make it acceptable in their eyes.

Most everyone on my HS team cussed at times during games, practice, etc... And none of them cussed at teacher, bosses, or cops. It's not that hard to understand when and where you can do it.

I wonder why every student at my school didn't go around cussing teachers all day long?

 

I wasn't aware that filing charges was your only available source of punishment.

 

It is not. It is the last consequence when all other consequences have been exhausted and the child has not responded to any.

 

I also sent you a PM.

Most everyone on my HS team cussed at times during games, practice, etc... And none of them cussed at teacher, bosses, or cops. It's not that hard to understand when and where you can do it.

 

Same. We would cuss in the huddle, in warm ups, in the locker room, but when we were talking to the coach (or a teacher, boss, cops) no way we would use that language. It happens, people curse. LBBC is just making a big deal out of nothing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.