April 1, 201016 yr You can feel however you wish. It just gets incredibly tiring when anytime Tubby is mentioned, even without regards to his time at UK, you make some smart remark. I am a Tubby fan, because he was treated IMO with zero respect by UK fans. Maybe it's because he was following a guy who could do no wrong here, but he was never given a fair shake by fans IMO. It wasn't Wayne Turner, if memory serves me correctly, it was Cliff Hawkins who had asthma, and that is 100% fact. Sorry for not getting Cliff Hawkins right. He was given more than a fair shake. I never liked Pitino either, great coach, too uppity for me and to high and mighty. I like Tubby as a person, not a coach. Just my opinion. And No Cliff Hawkins had no Asthma.
April 1, 201016 yr Sorry for not getting Cliff Hawkins right. He was given more than a fair shake. I never liked Pitino either, great coach, too uppity for me and to high and mighty. I like Tubby as a person, not a coach. Just my opinion. And No Cliff Hawkins had no Asthma. Say what?? :idunno:
April 1, 201016 yr Tubby goes from Georgia to Kentucky to Minnesota to Oregon,,,,,where to next? Alaska?
April 1, 201016 yr IMO how can you play for UK and the pace he did and ha ve severe asthma. I just dont believe it. Maybe he did, but I dont buy it. do not reply back on this for I quit posting here on Tubby. It is a no win battle. I quit.
April 1, 201016 yr Tubby goes from Georgia to Kentucky to Minnesota to Oregon,,,,,where to next? Alaska?Just checking out all the fishing hot spots. Georgia was where the world record Largemouth was caught. Kentucky has the most miles of running water in the lower 48. Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes. I'm pretty sure Oregon has a bunch of great fishing locales. Alaska or Montana seems like the next logical destination.
April 1, 201016 yr IMO how can you play for UK and the pace he did and ha ve severe asthma. I just dont believe it. Maybe he did, but I dont buy it. do not reply back on this for I quit posting here on Tubby. It is a no win battle. I quit. That's why his minutes were limited early on in his career. It impacted his ability early on to condition and this plus the asthma impacted his ability to only play in short spurts early on. :idunno: Hawkins had asthma. He said it, his family said it, trainers said it, Tubby said it. Hawkins & Tubby even publicly talked about it and how it took a while, but thru changes in his diet once he got to UK and finding the right medicine he got it under control.
April 1, 201016 yr That's why his minutes were limited early on in his career. It impacted his ability early on to condition and this plus the asthma impacted his ability to only play in short spurts early on. :idunno: Hawkins had asthma. He said it, his family said it, trainers said it, Tubby said it. Hawkins & Tubby even publicly talked about it and how it took a while, but thru changes in his diet once he got to UK and finding the right medicine he got it under control. He told you not to reply back. :lol:
April 1, 201016 yr That's why his minutes were limited early on in his career. It impacted his ability early on to condition and this plus the asthma impacted his ability to only play in short spurts early on. :idunno: Hawkins had asthma. He said it, his family said it, trainers said it, Tubby said it. Hawkins & Tubby even publicly talked about it and how it took a while, but thru changes in his diet once he got to UK and finding the right medicine he got it under control. Silly you, getting in the way of a good factless Tubby bashing session by introducing actual facts....:lol: How dare you?
April 1, 201016 yr Tubby was the greatest coach to ever grace the bench of Kentucky and never did anything wrong. If something ever did go wrong, which was extrememly rare, it was the players faults. He is the best x's and o's guy in the world, which would explain why he hardly ever lost at Kentucky, and was an extreme motivator and talent manager, which explains why he never had any team turmoils.
April 1, 201016 yr IMO how can you play for UK and the pace he did and ha ve severe asthma. I just dont believe it. Maybe he did, but I dont buy it. do not reply back on this for I quit posting here on Tubby. It is a no win battle. I quit. :isurrender::clap: When losing a battle or pretending you know what you are talking about, retreat.:ohbrother:
April 1, 201016 yr He told you not to reply back. :lol: I know, .... I just don't listen very well sometimes. Silly you, getting in the way of a good factless Tubby bashing session by introducing actual facts....:lol: How dare you? I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry about that!!
April 1, 201016 yr :isurrender::clap: When losing a battle or pretending you know what you are talking about, retreat.:ohbrother: Hawkin's is just lucky that it took him till his sophomore year of college to finally find the right medication to control his asthma. I'm sure playing behind Saul Smith had nothing to do with his asthma his first year.
April 1, 201016 yr Tubby was the greatest coach to ever grace the bench of Kentucky and never did anything wrong. If something ever did go wrong, which was extrememly rare, it was the players faults. He is the best x's and o's guy in the world, which would explain why he hardly ever lost at Kentucky, and was an extreme motivator and talent manager, which explains why he never had any team turmoils. I am glad you are finally admitting the truth about Tubby. Don't tell me you don't hate Tubby and do not replay back because I am done with Tubby. :isurrender:
April 1, 201016 yr Tubby was the greatest coach to ever grace the bench of Kentucky and never did anything wrong. If something ever did go wrong, which was extrememly rare, it was the players faults. He is the best x's and o's guy in the world, which would explain why he hardly ever lost at Kentucky, and was an extreme motivator and talent manager, which explains why he never had any team turmoils. :ohbrother: Nobody said he was perfect or the best coach ever. If you got that impression, then you obviously didn't actually read anything I have posted. The facts are that Tubby did a very good job at UK for 8 years, but the last two, struggled to get the buy in of the all american kids (Morris, Crawford, Rondo). He was better with the lower rated players who had big hearts and a love for the game (Hayes, Daniels, Prince, etc). Had some bad luck with some other highly touted players (Parker & Carruth come to mind) that didn't pan out at UK or anywhere else either. But he was burned out the final 2 years and he needed a change. The move was good for UK and for Tubby. Like Pitino said before, the UK job is one of those jobs that 7 years is about all you can take because of the pressure that comes with it. I was simply commenting on someone not having their facts straight.
April 1, 201016 yr I am glad you are finally admitting the truth about Tubby. Don't tell me you don't hate Tubby and do not replay back because I am done with Tubby. :isurrender: :laugh: We have learned of a new tactic and aren't afraid to use it!!! :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.