Players at the next level.

Ky is really putting out the basketball players arnt we,not one division 1 player from the state so far according to the list above.It really looks like the AAU and year round 1 sport mentality is working against creating good quality basketball.There were always 8 or 10 d-1 players from Lex and Lou alone.Maybe the kids are getting to much coaching and not developing on their own in the summers,not working on there skills by themselves.Here in louisville there were good players every year..not anymore.

Chad Jackson (Scott Co)- James Madison

Dakotah Euton (Scott Co)- Akron

Ricardo Johnson (Holmes)- Ohio U

Josh Sewell (Trinity)- Miami (OH) U

Elisha Justice (Shelby Valley)- Walk on at Louisville

Are these not D1 schools???

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ge'lawn Guyn and Elijah Pittman are D-1 calibur players too, but for whatever reason haven't committed to anyone yet. Also, if I'm not mistaken Thomas Jackson has gotten D-1 offers. Then there is the Washington kid who committed to USC and quit his HS team at E'town. I don't know what that situation was about.

Ge'lawn Guyn and Elijah Pittman are D-1 calibur players too, but for whatever reason haven't committed to anyone yet. Also, if I'm not mistaken Thomas Jackson has gotten D-1 offers. Then there is the Washington kid who committed to USC and quit his HS team at E'town. I don't know what that situation was about.

Wait and see with the offers.

Ky is really putting out the basketball players arnt we,not one division 1 player from the state so far according to the list above.It really looks like the AAU and year round 1 sport mentality is working against creating good quality basketball.There were always 8 or 10 d-1 players from Lex and Lou alone.Maybe the kids are getting to much coaching and not developing on their own in the summers,not working on there skills by themselves.Here in louisville there were good players every year..not anymore.

Please name the 8-10 D1 players from Lex and Lou in the previous 5 years.

There hasn't been that many in a single year that I can recall.

I agree, there hasn't been that many in a single year in the entire state. I just wanted to see if billyblane has any idea what he/she is talking about.:popcorn:

I agree, there hasn't been that many in a single year in the entire state. I just wanted to see if billyblane has any idea what he/she is talking about.:popcorn:

Now back in the 80's we were in the limelight with some high major recruits. Tony Kimbro, Herb Crook, Felton Spencer, Winston Bennett, and Griff whom all ended up at the 'Ville except for Bennett. Then later Anthony Grundy (NC State). As of late, no real major recruits have hit the national limelight like those.

The most recent I can think of being close to that is Twany Beckham who is at Miss State but he was on the bench injured with back problems.

Wasn't Stansbury at the State Tourny watching Ge'lawn? Has anything come of that?

Wasn't Stansbury at the State Tourny watching Ge'lawn? Has anything come of that?

Stansbury I believe has uses his roots in Kentucky to dabble around in finding recruits. He has Beckham and Riley Benock. He could end up taking Guyn. I do have a bad feeling that Guyn's stock could have dropped with his injury.

I see 2 of these as NAIA players. I also think Johnson is the best college prospect on this group. I would love to see Justice go somewhere other than Louisville, mainly mid major such as Morehead, Eastern, Tenn Tech and so on.

I see 2 of these as NAIA players. I also think Johnson is the best college prospect on this group. I would love to see Justice go somewhere other than Louisville, mainly mid major such as Morehead, Eastern, Tenn Tech and so on.

Then you are seeing them different than college coaches because all of those guys had multiple college offers.

Then you are seeing them different than college coaches because all of those guys had multiple college offers.

How many boys do you see sitting on the bench at Division 1 schools that never get in the game. Just look at UK's bench or any of them. Hood is an example and there's a lot more out there.

Check the list above again...

Rico Johnson is going to Ohio U. who just beat Georgetown in the NCAA tournament. Euton is going to Akron to play. Chad Jackson to James Madison. Elisha Justice to Louisville.

These kids will be going to D1 schools. You may be able to question the tradition of some of these schools, but make no mistake. D1 is top level basketball.

Check the list above again...

Rico Johnson is going to Ohio U. who just beat Georgetown in the NCAA tournament. Euton is going to Akron to play. Chad Jackson to James Madison. Elisha Justice to Louisville.

These kids will be going to D1 schools. You may be able to question the tradition of some of these schools, but make no mistake. D1 is top level basketball.

True, and some kids chose not to walk on to D1 schools too.