Most Exciting Day 1 in awhile...

Original Rookie

Wildest day one in recent memory. Maybe ever for me. The Wildcats (Kstate and UK) are basically the only blowouts.

Kentucky and Kansas State both looked good. Washington looked good in the second half. Butler was impressive. But most of the big names were very weak, even if they won.

Kentucky and Kansas State both looked good. Washington looked good in the second half. Butler was impressive. But most of the big names were very weak, even if they won.

Yeah, Mack put a show on in the second half for Butler. Loved it.

Can't wait until ESPN gets the contract so we get more than one freaking game though.

I'm definitely a fan of living in Eastern Kentucky and having two CBS affiliates... They are usually both showing different games. :dancingpa

Can't wait until ESPN gets the contract so we get more than one freaking game though.

Time Warner in central Kentucky has the main game on 701 (CBS HD) and then a second game on 99 (CWKYT). I even got to watch Butler/UTEP on a free preview of CBS College Sports this afternoon.

Time Warner in central Kentucky has the main game on 701 (CBS HD) and then a second game on 99 (CWKYT). I even got to watch Butler/UTEP on a free preview of CBS College Sports this afternoon.

CBS College Sports has been dropping into games all day. The production crew ain't the greatest, but it's better than nothing.

CBS College Sports has been dropping into games all day. The production crew ain't the greatest, but it's better than nothing.

The negative here is neither CWKYT or CBS College are in HD. Pitiful. I've had an HD TV since Christmas and already mad about the old style!

There's really no going back once you've had HD. The Bowling Green CBS HD feed had no audio for a long stretch while the standard def one did. I watched SD for about 30 seconds then decided to watch HD in silence. Audio is just not worth watching it like that.