Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the SEC Tournament be changed?

Featured Replies

Negative there GT. There is no distinction between a 12- and 16-team bracket except in a 12-teamer the 13, 14, 15, and 16 teams just disappear. Now if you wanted to make it like the NHL where the highest seed always plays lowest, then that's a different story.

 

As is, the only two 12-team conference that play a 1-through-12 format, the Big 12 and ACC, have brackets that set up like this:

 

1

8-9

 

4

5-12

 

2

7-10

 

3

6-11

 

Here is the ACC bracket:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/10bracket.pdf

 

Here is the Big 12 bracket:

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/championships/pdfs/2010_mbasketball_bracket.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

Well that's just stupid... :lol:

Well that's just stupid... :lol:

 

I don't know if your just kind of being sarcastic now, but he is right. The format he said is the right format, and better than the first one presented.

Edited by futurecoach

I don't if your just kind of being sarcastic now, but he is right. The format he said is the right format, and better than the first one presented.

It's right, but I think it's stupid. The best and worst teams should be in the same pod and go from there IMO...

I don't think it's a bad idea but actually winner of 8 vs 9 play 1. 7 vs 10 winner play 2. 6 vs 11 play 3 and 5 vs 12 plays 4.

 

That's what I was thinking. It would make no sense to have the #1 team slated to face #5 in the 2nd round. you can't say they could face the 12, because brackets are built to chalk results.

I'm assuming you're talking about the regular season schedule, right? I mean, there's no way you'd want to chance having Kentucky play Vandy in the opening round, with the winner having to play Tennessee...and still not be in the finals just because of the "luck of the draw"...would you?

 

Yes right now you play your division teams twice a year. How do you decide who plays who for their 5 teams they play twice and keep it fair for seeding this tourney.

It's right, but I think it's stupid. The best and worst teams should be in the same pod and go from there IMO...

 

They assume that the better seed will win, therefore the #1 seed would get the worst seed left which is the #8 seed.

They assume that the better seed will win, therefore the #1 seed would get the worst seed left which is the #8 seed.

I know. Doesn't mean I like it... :lol:

I know. Doesn't mean I like it... :lol:

So...do you think in the 16 team tournament we should have #1 playing the winner of the 2 vs 15 game in the 2nd round? :confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.