Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle Basketball

Featured Replies

I would like to see some positive comments about the outstanding season just completed by the Lady Raiders.

I, for one, couldn't be prouder of the players and the coaching staff. They have had the most successful 3 year run in the school's history. With the loss of one senior, Scooby Williams, they are returning their starting five for next year along with a group of girls from the JV team who will be ready to step in and do their part.

I read a lot of angry and negative comments on here and I have been guilty of some, as well. We, as fans, do a lot of secong guessing because we are a passionate bunch. When all is said and done, I, along with many, are extremely grateful for the dedicated coaches and the girls who give their all to succeed. Did I want us to move on to Diddle? Certainly! Am I sorry our season is over? You bet! Would I trade our team for any other? No way!

Good luck to the Lady Rebels in their quest and I hope we are on the winning end of these close games next year.:ylsuper:

  • Replies 49
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryle had a great season and we were behind you to beat Boone Sunday! Congratulations on a great year!

Jenna is superb! What year is Meyer? If not a Senior, with some added strength, and some offensive moves, she can be a player IMHO!

Crittendon is a stud.

  • Author
Jenna is superb! What year is Meyer? If not a Senior, with some added strength, and some offensive moves, she can be a player IMHO!
Liz is ajunior.

I said it previously and I'll say it again.

 

The 9th is Ryle's to lose the next two seasons.

I said it previously and I'll say it again.

 

The 9th is Ryle's to lose the next two seasons.

It was theirs to lose this season also.
It was theirs to lose this season also.

 

Thought Ryle was the underdog! How did your team do down in the 8th

Region? Sure the two coaches could schedule a game next year if you want to try and arrange it.

Thought Ryle was the underdog! How did your team do down in the 8th

Region? Sure the two coaches could schedule a game next year if you want to try and arrange it.

Not criticizing, just an observation. Outside of Moss, Ryle had by far the most talent. Alot of "me" talent IMO. Ryle should not be the underdog. I know they are young and will have many more chances. My team did not make it out of the 31st District, but my team did not have 2-3 D1 prospects on the court either. You will have to speak to our AD on the future matchup. I have no influence.
Thought Ryle was the underdog! How did your team do down in the 8th

Region? Sure the two coaches could schedule a game next year if you want to try and arrange it.

 

What would that prove?

Thought Ryle was the underdog! How did your team do down in the 8th

Region? Sure the two coaches could schedule a game next year if you want to try and arrange it.

 

That sure would prove how much of an underdog Ryle was tonight wouldn't it.

Face it, IF Ryle had not "lost" a certain player to a certain team, they would have certainly been the overall favorite to win the region. In fact, if they had lost that player and that player was not allowed to play this season because of transferring, Ryle would have likely won. I cheer for the teams who have the players they're supposed to have and not players from other programs. I am not putting blame on any particular person, but this is high school basketball and you should play with the athletes within your system and not with ones who decide they want to get "drafted" to another program because they want to be a more visible star player. Just my opinion - I know there are a lot of nay-sayers out there and I respectively just disagree with your viewpoint as you do with mine.

That sure would prove how much of an underdog Ryle was tonight wouldn't it.

 

No, but it would definately make people accountable. Easy to

criticize a program, coaches, and all their so called D1 players

when you don't have to play them. Ryle was ranked 4th and 5th

the entire year by the coaches and was one of the two teams

remaining. They have nothing to be ashamed of. By the way the

top 7 players return and now they have Big Game experience.

Face it, IF Ryle had not "lost" a certain player to a certain team, they would have certainly been the overall favorite to win the region. In fact, if they had lost that player and that player was not allowed to play this season because of transferring, Ryle would have likely won. I cheer for the teams who have the players they're supposed to have and not players from other programs. I am not putting blame on any particular person, but this is high school basketball and you should play with the athletes within your system and not with ones who decide they want to get "drafted" to another program because they want to be a more visible star player. Just my opinion - I know there are a lot of nay-sayers out there and I respectively just disagree with your viewpoint as you do with mine.

 

Absolutely agree with the first part.

 

Geez...are you saying that if/when a kid transfers to another school (any school)...regardless of talent...that a coach should not let them on the team? can you put your biased opinion to rest for a second and tell me that if you were a coach (you may be)...that you would tell a kid that since they haven't lived in this district since birth, elementary school, middle school, HS, or whatever..."sorry, you cannot play for this program". Are you serious?

 

If you can name one single coach that would tell "any" of the kids being "called-out" on this board that they are not welcome in their program. I will quit defending them...just make sure if they tell you they wouldn't be allowed on their team...you step out of the way so you don't get poked in the eye by their growing nose.

Face it, IF Ryle had not "lost" a certain player to a certain team, they would have certainly been the overall favorite to win the region. In fact, if they had lost that player and that player was not allowed to play this season because of transferring, Ryle would have likely won. I cheer for the teams who have the players they're supposed to have and not players from other programs. I am not putting blame on any particular person, but this is high school basketball and you should play with the athletes within your system and not with ones who decide they want to get "drafted" to another program because they want to be a more visible star player. Just my opinion - I know there are a lot of nay-sayers out there and I respectively just disagree with your viewpoint as you do with mine.

 

What's that old saying " people in glass houses shouldn't........"

 

No matter what they had a tremendous year and should be the odds on favorite next year to win the 9th. Crittenden is the best I have seen in quite some time. Best of luck in 2010-2011.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.