Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County Opening

Featured Replies

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Slick

All World

 

 

Join Date: Dec 2006

Posts: 6,508

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hicks and Cooksey and who else?

 

 

 

Randy Anderson.

 

Coach Cooksey appears to be the choice. Although, Jim Bob is fishing buddies with Phil Pratt, who is on the search committee. Rhonda Salisbury is still the principal and she is a friend of Phil's. Will she be allowed to make this choice without strong input from others?:idunno::eek:

Randy Anderson is a good guy. Well respected coach also. I think it will be interesting to see what happens with this one. Im still pushing for the Rexster. Id like to see the Cooksey vs. Cooksey matchup.

Just gotta wonder how much gas is left in the tank for ole' Rex. It's going to be a while before Boyd County is a factor again; will Cooksey stay long enough to re-build the program? Cooksey and Hicks have a lot of baggage, and it would be hard for me to hire a man that is always looking for another job (Hicks). Randy Anderson does a great job.

Just gotta wonder how much gas is left in the tank for ole' Rex. It's going to be a while before Boyd County is a factor again; will Cooksey stay long enough to re-build the program? Cooksey and Hicks have a lot of baggage, and it would be hard for me to hire a man that is always looking for another job (Hicks). Randy Anderson does a great job.

Hicks hasn't exactly stayed very long in one spot either.

Just gotta wonder how much gas is left in the tank for ole' Rex. It's going to be a while before Boyd County is a factor again; will Cooksey stay long enough to re-build the program? Cooksey and Hicks have a lot of baggage, and it would be hard for me to hire a man that is always looking for another job (Hicks). Randy Anderson does a great job.

 

I don't think it wil lbe as long as some think if Rex gets it they will be some new faces at the County next year if Rex gets the job and in the words of Forrest Gump "thats all I've got to say about that"

I don't think it wil lbe as long as some think if Rex gets it they will be some new faces at the County next year if Rex gets the job and in the words of Forrest Gump "thats all I've got to say about that"

If you're talking about Huntington prep transfers, not happening. If there are others you're referring to, pm me on that one, cause I'd like to know.

Hicks hasn't exactly stayed very long in one spot either.

 

Hence, my comment, "always looking for another job".

Hence, my comment, "always looking for another job".

Wasn't contradicting, was agreeing. Perhaps didn't come off that way.

There have been several twists and turns on this selection. I've heard today that the committee has voted on the coach they want to offer the job. As I understand, the committee was given full authority to make the choice, bypassing Principal Salisbury and the Site-Based-Counsel. :popcorn:

 

I don't have any word on if the formal offer has been received or accepted. However, some people may be shocked by the selection, including the Ol Duckster.:confused:

  • Author
There have been several twists and turns on this selection. I've heard today that the committee has voted on the coach they want to offer the job. As I understand, the committee was given full authority to make the choice, bypassing Principal Salisbury and the Site-Based-Counsel. :popcorn:

 

I don't have any word on if the formal offer has been received or accepted. However, some people may be shocked by the selection, including the Ol Duckster.:confused:

 

Who are you hearing, Duck ?

I've heard its not going to be any of the names listed here? Any updates?

Who are you hearing, Duck ?

 

I'd prefer not to release the name because I don't even know that he has been contacted yet.

I heard that Randy Anderson has been hired.

I heard that Randy Anderson has been hired.

 

Well, since you've let the cat out of the bag, :eek:that is the name I heard yesterday. But, I had not heard that he had accepted the job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.