Corbin 88 Bell County 80 (4OT)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give credit to the officals for one thing. For the most part the last 15 - 20 seconds of regulation and all overtimes they were going to let the kids decide who wins. Unless something was a must call they let a lot of contact go both ways. I like to see the end of games be decided by the players and I feel for the most part this is what happened.

Would totally agree with this. The kids shot the free throws, made some and missed some, and both teams had a chance to win, that is all they can ask for. Sounds like a great game.

I think we both agree that between the officials and the clock fiasco there was more than enough reasons for either team to throw in the towel. However, I am so impressed by the way that all the kids fought till the bitter end. I know that Bell is hurting today, but they have nothing be ashamed of. In fact, I think Bell is the toughest matchup in the Region for a lot of teams. They just seem to have a ton of 6'2" extrememly strong kids.

I hope Corbin beats Clay too, but I'm a little nervous as to how the Hounds will react after this game. I think you will either see a team that got a serious wake-up call or a team that is completely drained. Either way very dangerous game...again...for CHS.

What happened with the clock?

Bell's Madon has the best body control of a player I've seen since Antwan Henson of Clay County. Corbin could have three guys contending a shot and he looked like the elastic man getting to the hole.

Wilson showed last night that he's the straw that stirs the drink. He played under control and never forced the issue. I do know he was VERY tired, but who wasn't? I believe the size of the floor bothered Corbin some with spacing issues, but overall, the Redhoinds beat a very good Bell team. Travis Smith hit some clutch free throws and I was impressed with the minutes Brody Freeman and Taylor Jones gave Corbin.

I look for Johnson to get on track against Clay and I honestly believe the Redhounds will win by double digits.

Someone asked me if it's the best high school game I've seen - it was darn close. The PRP/South Laurel Sweet 16 semifinal game is the best I've witnessed, but this isn't too far behind it.

Both teams gave 110 percent.

What happened with the clock?

In the 4th OT, it stopped running with about 5 seconds left for a few moments, then jumped to 2 seconds and stopped all together. Thankfully the game was already decided when it happened. The timekeeper also let about 20 seconds run off the clock early in one of the OT's when it should have been stopped, but the officials corrected that.

Wilson for Corbin was more than outstanding, he came back after that soild lick of a pick and didn't miss a beat. If Robbins (I think thats his name) could have played all year Bell would have a much better record, he owned the Hounds inside, it killed them when he fouled out, Number 15 is a real player as well for Bell . Both teams had their chances to win. Hard game for this tourney to top. Thought the Arena was a very good place for this to go down. Good atmosphere, great game.

Wilson for Corbin was more than outstanding, he came back after that soild lick of a pick and didn't miss a beat. If Robbins (I think thats his name) could have played all year Bell would have a much better record, he owned the Hounds inside, it killed them when he fouled out, Number 15 is a real player as well for Bell . Both teams had their chances to win. Hard game for this tourney to top. Thought the Arena was a very good place for this to go down. Good atmosphere, great game.

I agree with you Breeze Wilson makes Corbin what they are today. He can't be replaced IMO.

Wilson has been my favorite Corbin player for the past 3 seasons. He is what makes them go. VERY hardnosed player who has that desire to win.

I don't think that there is anyone in our region that can gaurd him. He is the best coach that I have seen on the floor in a long time. He had a great interview on TV last night also seems like a very good young man.

Robbins played very well, thought Bell could have gone to him a little more offensively. He has a good touch and Corbin never really got physical with him inside and pretty much let him have his way. I thought they should have played more like Bell did inside the paint by not just giving up easy baskets, instead foul and send them to the line. Bell Co. had way too many uncontested shots in the paint for my tastes, which is why they shot well over 50% from the field.

Madon(#15) has a lot of talent, and if he shows that he can hit the jumper, will be next to impossible to stop offensively.

I watched highlights on WYMT on the internet. Looked like quite a game. The foul in OT that put Smith to the line with Bell up 2 was a tough call. They were both going after a loose ball. When I first watched it I thought it was a bad call, but after watching it over and over....lol, it was really close. The question I had was did Smith get posession of the ball and it appeared he may have. That would be a tough situation for a referee to be in to either make the call or not call anything.

Robbins played very well, thought Bell could have gone to him a little more offensively. He has a good touch and Corbin never really got physical with him inside and pretty much let him have his way. I thought they should have played more like Bell did inside the paint by not just giving up easy baskets, instead foul and send them to the line. Bell Co. had way too many uncontested shots in the paint for my tastes, which is why they shot well over 50% from the field.

Madon(#15) has a lot of talent, and if he shows that he can hit the jumper, will be next to impossible to stop offensively.

Madon is very good, but he's got to limit his turnovers. He had 12 last night.

As for Wilson, he's my pick as the top player in the region. He's a team-first guy that has really worked hard to get where he is today. He's one of the best players I've ever covered. I put him, Walt Allen, Josh Crawford and Neil Warren at the top as being team-first guys.

I don't think that there is anyone in our region that can gaurd him. He is the best coach that I have seen on the floor in a long time. He had a great interview on TV last night also seems like a very good young man.

Best PG in the region since Cash.