Corbin 88 Bell County 80 (4OT)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would have told me that Madison Johnson would go 1-11 from the field and foul out before any of the OT's and that Corbin would play all four OT's with 3 players under 5'9", that Manns would miss virtually every shot, I would have guessed that Corbin had no chance.

Issac Wilson, who played every minute except for the one he was out after getting hurt(which I willl try not to go off on), refused to lose this game. Bell did everything possible, both legal and illegal to stop him, but had no answer. Brody Freeman comes in and has a career night at the most opportune time, Travis Smith comes up clutch and Taylor Jones plays his heart out while getting knocked around like the fall guys in the WWE.

Great game, but if I was a Bell County fan, I'd be fighting mad.

I'm sure you are basing this on the charging call on Maden in the 4th OT. I agree it was terrible, but with that said at the end of the 3rd OT Manns absolutely got mugged and nothing was called. The officials stunk...but, it was both ways.

The Bell Co. Bobcats laid it on the line tonight and were very impressive, it's a shame someone had to lose this one. Madon is a heck of a player for Bell, what grade is he in? I hated to see him foul out on the charge call, probably could have been a no call, but they called one on Johnson in the 4th that I thought was going to swing the game to Bell that was certainly not a charge that also erased a basket.

I'm sure you are basing this on the charging call on Maden in the 4th OT. I agree it was terrible, but with that said at the end of the 3rd OT Manns absolutely got mugged and nothing was called. The officials stunk...but, it was both ways.

Actually I thought the foul call with 2 seconds left in the 3rd OT when multiple players from both teams dove for a loose ball was much worse than the charge call. Could have been the worst call I've seen that impacted the outcome of a big game since the Paducah Tighlman Scott County debacle several years ago at Rupp. Bell had the lead and time was running out. IMO it helped determine the outcome of the game.

I'm very happy, though, because I just want to see Clay get beat!

Actually I thought the foul call with 2 seconds left in the 3rd OT when multiple players from both teams dove for a loose ball was much worse than the charge call. Could have been the worst call I've seen that impacted the outcome of a big game since the Paducah Tighlman Scott County debacle several years ago at Rupp. Bell had the lead and time was running out. IMO it helped determine the outcome of the game.

Travis Smith was standing with control of the ball and the kid from Bell Co. dove and took both legs out from under him............no way they could let that foul go since it would have prevented Corbin from having a chance to tie or win the game.

I think we both agree that between the officials and the clock fiasco there was more than enough reasons for either team to throw in the towel. However, I am so impressed by the way that all the kids fought till the bitter end. I know that Bell is hurting today, but they have nothing be ashamed of. In fact, I think Bell is the toughest matchup in the Region for a lot of teams. They just seem to have a ton of 6'2" extrememly strong kids.

I hope Corbin beats Clay too, but I'm a little nervous as to how the Hounds will react after this game. I think you will either see a team that got a serious wake-up call or a team that is completely drained. Either way very dangerous game...again...for CHS.

I think we both agree that between the officials and the clock fiasco there was more than enough reasons for either team to throw in the towel. However, I am so impressed by the way that all the kids fought till the bitter end. I know that Bell is hurting today, but they have nothing be ashamed of. In fact, I think Bell is the toughest matchup in the Region for a lot of teams. They just seem to have a ton of 6'2" extrememly strong kids.

I hope Corbin beats Clay too, but I'm a little nervous as to how the Hounds will react after this game. I think you will either see a team that got a serious wake-up call or a team that is completely drained. Either way very dangerous game...again...for CHS.

The good news is that Johnson got plenty of rest and I can't envision him having another poor shooting night like last night, it seemed like the background difference affected him as all his shots looked flat to me. I think that this game also gives some confidence to kids like Travis Smith and Brody Freeman that they can step up and do things that they are not normally called on to do when the chips are down.

Both teams played very hard. It was a great high school basketball game. Congrats to both sides (coaches, players) for a hard battle. I will give credit to the officals for one thing. For the most part the last 15 - 20 seconds of regulation and all overtimes they were going to let the kids decide who wins. Unless something was a must call they let a lot of contact go both ways. That was pretty even both ways. There were some questionable calls but there always is and always will be. I like to see the end of games be decided by the players and I feel for the most part this is what happened.