Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ochocinco on Dancing With the Stars

Featured Replies

OK...I haven't read everything in this thread, BUT:

 

I don't understand how anyone can think this is stupid. There have been several football players who've taken dance to improve their skills. Granted, most took ballet, but still...dancing requires stamina, grace, control and conditioning. I can't think this would be any more dangerous to him than anything else he could do in the off season, and may actually improve him. Plus, isn't anything that brings positive attention to the Bengals bound to be a good thing?

 

I'm not a fan of his yet, but he's growing on me.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK...I haven't read everything in this thread, BUT:

 

I don't understand how anyone can think this is stupid. There have been several football players who've taken dance to improve their skills. Granted, most took ballet, but still...dancing requires stamina, grace, control and conditioning. I can't think this would be any more dangerous to him than anything else he could do in the off season, and may actually improve him. Plus, isn't anything that brings positive attention to the Bengals bound to be a good thing?

 

I'm not a fan of his yet, but he's growing on me.

 

I like the kid in Chad. I like his passion. As far as the type of people I would want to build my team around he is a poster child of what I wouldn't want. He puts himself before his team. I think if I got flat shut down and embarassed the way he did to end the sesason I would be working on my football skills not my dancing skills :lol:. I guess it's the competitor and coach in me. While I've played a lot of sports football is the ultimate team game where you have to put your team first. It's all good while Chad is dancing and getting a few laughs guys like Revis will be putting in the work it takes to continue to be a stud.

Don't get me wrong I hope he does well on the show and he is entertaining. This suits him better than a team sport.

I like the kid in Chad. I like his passion. As far as the type of people I would want to build my team around he is a poster child of what I wouldn't want. He puts himself before his team. I think if I got flat shut down and embarassed the way he did to end the sesason I would be working on my football skills not my dancing skills :lol:. I guess it's the competitor and coach in me. While I've played a lot of sports football is the ultimate team game where you have to put your team first. It's all good while Chad is dancing and getting a few laughs guys like Revis will be putting in the work it takes to continue to be a stud.

Don't get me wrong I hope he does well on the show and he is entertaining. This suits him better than a team sport.

 

How long is the show? I'd guess it's less than 6 weeks. Is it impossible that Chad could be working out AND having a good time?

How long is the show? I'd guess it's less than 6 weeks. Is it impossible that Chad could be working out AND having a good time?

 

And has rockmom pointed out... the dancing could help improve his football skills.

For comparisons sake:

 

OchoCinco (2009): 72 catches, 1,047 yards (14.5 per catch) & 9 TD's

 

Hines Ward (2009): 95 catches, 1,167 yards (12.3 per catch) & 6 TD's

 

Mike Wallace (2009): 39 catches, 756 yards (19.4 per catch) & 6 TD's.

 

Santonio Holmes (2009): 79 catches, 1,248 yards (15.8 per catch) & 5 TD's.

 

Chad was 3rd in the AFC North in Receiving Yards. He led the AFC North in TD's (tied for 10th in the NFL). Derrick Mason was 2nd.

 

:lol: So you think he is the prime of his career???? :lol:

 

All I said was he is on the down side of his career, whick he is. I think he has 3 years left in the league. If it makes you feel good, I also think Hines Ward is on the down side of his career too...

He could be doing worse things. He could be doing better things too. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. Honestly I know people might have been taking a shot at him but it's probably a good career move for him. His prime has passed although he can still perform at a high level. This show markets him to a new fan base that wouldn't know him through football.

If I'm trying to win a championship I would want my WR trying to get better at football not dancing. People can spin it how they want but that's the bottom line. He could be doing worse because it is great exercise + coordination stuff but it's not football don't kid yourself.

He could be doing worse things. He could be doing better things too. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. Honestly I know people might have been taking a shot at him but it's probably a good career move for him. His prime has passed although he can still perform at a high level. This show markets him to a new fan base that wouldn't know him through football.

If I'm trying to win a championship I would want my WR trying to get better at football not dancing. People can spin it how they want but that's the bottom line. He could be doing worse because it is great exercise + coordination stuff but it's not football don't kid yourself.

 

I think he is working on his post career, not dancing, but getting himself out there...

I think he is working on his post career, not dancing, but getting himself out there...

 

I agree and for him it is a good move in that respect.

:lol: So you think he is the prime of his career???? :lol:

 

All I said was he is on the down side of his career, whick he is. I think he has 3 years left in the league. If it makes you feel good, I also think Hines Ward is on the down side of his career too...

 

Where did you get that 1st line? He's probably three years, maybe more, removed from the prime of his career. My point was that the man can still play some football.

 

I agree that Hines Ward is on the downside of his career as well. OchoCinco & Hines Ward are both in their early 30's and have been in the league for 10+ years. It's almost impossible for them to be NOT to be on the downside of their careers. However, Ward had one of his best years as a pro last season, statistically speaking.

I think he is working on his post career, not dancing, but getting himself out there...

 

Boy what an idiot :lol: :idunno:

FWIW, Marvin has approved Chad doing this.

 

Chad will miss the voluntary minicamp if he makes it to the finals on the show, but will not miss any mandatory practices as a result. The only thing he will sacrifice is a $250,000 bonus.

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/03/01/expect-chad-in-early-june-again/

I do not care who you are, that is a lot of money. I am sure he is looking at it as an investment. Again, those OTAs are voluntary, but they expect guys to be there. Marvin may not say it, but it would have to be a little irritating knowing the face of your organization may not be in attendance.

I do not care who you are, that is a lot of money. I am sure he is looking at it as an investment. Again, those OTAs are voluntary, but they expect guys to be there. Marvin may not say it, but it would have to be a little irritating knowing the face of your organization may not be in attendance.

 

I would imagine he gets paid to be on DWTS probably? That is just me guessing.

I would imagine he gets paid to be on DWTS probably? That is just me guessing.

Probably so.

Cheryl Burke is his partner :banana: My guess is he is the favorite. I would be willing to give up quite a bit to have her as my dance partner. :dancingpa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.