Best Late Night TV Host (Network Television)

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Who's your favorite host?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite host?

• Arsenio Hall
    • Carson Daly
    • Conan O'Brien
    • Craig Ferguson
    • Craig Kilborn
    • David Letterman
    • Dick Cavett
    • George Michael
    • Jack Paar
    • Jay Leno
    • Jimmy Fallon
    • Jimmy Kimmel
    • Johnny Carson
    • Magic Johnson
    • Merv Griffin
    • Steve Allen
    • Tom Snyder

Of the ones listed, I'd have to say Conan is my favorite. In the mid-90's Jon Stewart had a late night show. If he would've been listed in the poll, I might've voted for him simply because he always had interesting musical guests. Conan is probably funnier though. I think Conan was in his prime more so years ago when Andy sat along side of him. When the 'In the year 2000' thing first began. He is still relevant now, but was starting to get a bit stale. I still wasn't finished with him yet, and will miss his show. Johnny Carson and Steve Allen were great, but great for a whole different era. Nothing at all against his era, it's just different. I love that era of yesteryear and probably more so than our current one. Letterman and Leno are LAME with a capital 'L'. I have never liked either one of them and can't figure how they appeal to so many... and for so long. :confused: Just the same old self-indulgent stale crap-ola night after night. I don't even care who their musical guests are now, I will absolutely never watch them ever again. I have never warmed up to the Craig Ferguson thing. I just always find him too goofy and I hold my opinion when I'm in a group of people who rave about him. Jimmy Fallon is fine. I don't have anything against him. As things go, he's about the only one I will watch if I'm still up that late.

Just a far fetched thought because I know it will never happen, but a no-name person who I feel would be perfect for a late night show is a local guy by the name of 'Ken Jones'. He is a professor at NKU in Theater and he just 'HAS IT'. Put him in front of an audience and he will leave them in stitches. He has a funny look and has incredible delivery. He's an actor, teacher and a playwright and seems quite content with staying low key at NKU. He's the reason their Theater department has made such huge strides over the last 5 years or so. The people around that department know what a riot he is, but as those things go, not so much outside of that circle.