Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need help IDing UK basketball pic

Featured Replies

Can anyone out there ID this UK player? I think pic is from early 80s.

UK player photo.jpg

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cedric Jenkins wore #55, but that guy looks to big to be Cedric.

  • Author
Cedric Jenkins wore #55, but that guy looks to big to be Cedric.

 

 

Cedric was listed at 6'11" on UK roster for 1984-88.

Cedric was listed at 6'11" on UK roster for 1984-88.

 

 

I meant too big as far as thickness. Cedric only weighted about 180 lbs. I think he was also only about 6'9 truth be told.

  • Author
Cedric Jenkins wore #55, but that guy looks to big to be Cedric.

 

 

Are you able to identify the arena? Memorial Colluseum, Freedom Hall or Rupp?

Are you able to identify the arena? Memorial Colluseum, Freedom Hall or Rupp?

 

That's definitely Rupp Arena.

  • Author
I meant too big as far as thickness. Cedric only weighted about 180 lbs. I think he was also only about 6'9 truth be told.

 

 

I think you're correct LRCW about being Jenkins. The roster also listed Cedric at 185 lbs. Thanks for the ID.

  • Author
That's definitely Rupp Arena.

 

 

Great, thanks for the help.

If it's from the 80's it would have to be Jenkins I think. I don't remember anybody else wearing #55 during that period.

Mike Phillips wore #55 too didn't he?

 

Of course, that isn't him either.

Mike Phillips wore #55 too didn't he?

 

Of course, that isn't him either.

 

 

 

Yes he did, and he graduated in 1978.

The following players have worn #55 at UK:

 

Ray Mills (1956-57; last year played)

Thad Jaracz (1967-68)

Jim Andrews (1972-73)

Mike Phillips (1977-78)

Cedric Jenkins (1987-88)

Josh Harrellson (2009-10)

 

Only one of those guys are black, so it would have to be Jenkins. Unless its an exhibition game or someone is wearing a different jersey for some reason (blood, ripped, etc.).

Cedric Jenkins is the only African-American to ever wear #55 at UK. My money is on him.

Swoop. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.