My 2010 Football Schedule

swamprat

OK, I didn't get all 16 games, but I have tickets to 13 of them. The hotel rooms are booked for WVU, UofL, and Miami. I'm staying with family for the UC game. Here is what I have tickets for...

Sep. 04 Stony Brook at USF

Sep. 11 USF at Florida

Sep. 25 Western Kentucky at USF

Oct. 02 FAU at USF

Oct. 09 Syracuse at USF

Oct. 14 USF at West Virginia

Oct. 16 South Carolina at Kentucky

Oct. 22 USF at Cincinnati

Nov. 03 Rutgers at USF

Nov. 13 USF at Louisville

Nov. 20 Pittsburgh at USF

Nov. 27 USF at Miami

Dec. 04 UConn at USF

Oh, yeah. I got my high school game scheduled, too. We're going from the West Virginia game to Cincinnati, instead of Lexington, and driving down for the SC/UK game on Saturday. My high school game on the 15th?

CovCath at Highlands. :ylsuper:

Mrs. S and I should be close to footballed out by December 5. Of course if the Bulls make a bowl game.....

:jump::jump::jump:

Sounds good to me, I still need to start working on getting my away game tickets. I'm having 2nd thoughts on Bama and LSU mainly because of money. Thankfully I know people at Arkansas and Tennessee we can stay with if we still do those.

How much are you looking to spend? They will all be fairly expensive on a football weekend, but some much much more expensive than others. I would also try making reservations right now because they will book up before long.

If I was going higher end I would Stay at Downtown Oxford Inn (first choice right on the square where everything will be kicking). Next I would stay at the Inn At Ole Miss, it's right on campus and was just renovated. The Hampton in is really nice too.

After that we just have things like Super 8, Holiday Inn and Days Inn. I've had family stay at all of these over the years be it graduation or game weekends and they are all fairly nice. The Super 8 and Days Inn are getting old but good management has done a good job of keeping the rooms clean in my experience.

If you want any phone numbers on this stuff to check prices let me know and I'll pull the phone book out and PM you.

We got The Hampton Inn for Friday and Saturday night - 2 rooms...1,000 bucks. Lol. We had to pay with a cashier's check as well. Wouldn't even take a credit card. Cash up front. Oh well, if we can continue last years trend of winning road games it will all be worth it!

We got The Hampton Inn for Friday and Saturday night - 2 rooms...1,000 bucks. Lol. We had to pay with a cashier's check as well. Wouldn't even take a credit card. Cash up front. Oh well, if we can continue last years trend of winning road games it will all be worth it!

That doesn't surprise me these motels here stay in business on football and graduation. When everyone came in for graduation in May my parents spent close to 1500 on two rooms for 2 nights at the Super 8.

Wow! I was feeling guilty about spending what I did for the Louisville game, so we could be close to the stadium (tax, tag, and title a little less than $345 for 1 room Friday and Saturday night). Thanks for easing my mind. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my WVU tickets last Friday. Section 100 Row 51 Seats 8 & 9.

Got my UC tickets today. Section 121 Row 2 Seats 1 thru 9. Of course BF, Mrs. S and I will be heading to the accessible seating at the top of the stadium, leaving seats 7, 8, and 9 open. As was the case in 08, UC does not sell handicapped seating. You have to buy a regular seat and tell an attendant that you need assisted seating when you enter the game. Nippert's the only place I've run into that situation. It's no big deal, just seems odd.

BTW, at the UK game we'll be in Section WUL Row HC and Row ATT seat 32 and Section 116 Row 42 Seats 11 & 12. I will decide on whether to bring my tailgating gear based on the kickoff time, which hasn't been posted on UK's website, yet. They will usually announce kickoff no later than 12 days before the game, so I should know before I leave for West Virginia on the afternoon of the 12th. I can't do a nooner since we are driving down the morning of from Cincinnati.

Oh, yeah. I got my high school game scheduled, too. We're going from the West Virginia game to Cincinnati, instead of Lexington, and driving down for the SC/UK game on Saturday. My high school game on the 15th?

CovCath at Highlands. :ylsuper:

Dang it! And I'm going to miss seeing you two! :irked:

• 2 weeks later...

5 down 8 to go. Pulling out this afternoon for the West Virginia, South Carolina/Kentucky, and Cincinnati games.

My USF ticket rep has me beat for this coming weekend. He will be at the UCF @ Marshall game Wednesday night, USF @ West Virgina Thursday night, Cincinnati @ Louisville Friday night, and South Carolina @ Kentucky Saturday.

5 down 8 to go. Pulling out this afternoon for the West Virginia, South Carolina/Kentucky, and Cincinnati games.

My USF ticket rep has me beat for this coming weekend. He will be at the UCF @ Marshall game Wednesday night, USF @ West Virgina Thursday night, Cincinnati @ Louisville Friday night, and South Carolina @ Kentucky Saturday.

He might have had you beat by 1 game, but I bet he wishes he would not have went. That rain was bad!

He might have had you beat by 1 game, but I bet he wishes he would not have went. That rain was bad!

Talked to him last night before the WVU game. He came prepared and had a ball. USF has games in rain like that all of the time, early in the season. I can't remember who the opponent was several years ago, but it rained so hard during the game, I couldn't see the team on the opposite side line. The refs stopped play due to zero visibility. It came down like that for a half hour.

Mrs. S and I were ready in case it rained last night. Probably would have helped us, too. :D