My 2010 Football Schedule

swamprat

I know it's still early, but what games are you planing to attend this fall?

A lot can happen between now and the start of football season, especially in this economy, but below is a list of games Mrs. S and I plan on attending. It's the most ambitious undertaking we've tried so far. We may not make them all, but planning and trying is half of the fun. A man has to have goals in life. :D

Last season somebody here on BGP attended a UC or UofL game and a UK game on the same day. We're going to give that a shot this year with the UK/Florida game. Logistics will be as much a problem as getting tickets. The Swamp is 2.5 hours drive time from Raymond James. Having renewed my season tickets, I've already paid for the WKU/USF game, so I'm not missing that.

In 2008, we were able to attend USF at UofL, USF at UC and the Jags at the Bengals games during our "Football" vacation. This year we are planning our vacation to include the games in the middle of the schedule, October 14th, 16th, and 22nd. The problem will be getting tickets to the UK game. I haven't been to Commonwealth Stadium since 1978. I'm really looking forward to that. All I need, now, is a high school game to go to on the 15th when we get into Lexington.

Sep. 04 Stony Brook at USF

Sep. 11 USF at Florida *

Sep. 18 Tulsa at Oklahoma State

Sep. 25 Kentucky at Florida **

Sep. 25 Western Kentucky at USF

Oct. 02 FAU at USF

Oct. 09 Syracuse at USF

Oct. 14 USF at West Virginia

Oct. 16 South Carolina at Kentucky *

Oct. 22 USF at Cincinnati

Oct. 30 Georgia vs Florida in Jacksonville *

Nov. 03 Rutgers at USF

Nov. 13 USF at Louisville

Nov. 20 Pittsburgh at USF

Nov. 27 USF at Miami

Dec. 04 UConn at USF

* Depends on ticket availability. I won't pay more for one game than I do for my season tickets, even after my experience at FSU last year.

** Depends on ticket availability and start time. If I can get tickets, the game would have to start at noon and the WKU/USF game would have to start at 7 pm.

Did I mention that I love college football? :jump:

I have tickets for the Ole Miss @ Bama game.

See ya there.

Mine looks like this right now

Sept 4 Jacksonville State @ Ole Miss

Sept. 18 Vandy @ Ole Miss

Sept. 25 Fresno State @ Ole Miss

Oct. 2 Kentucky @ Ole Miss

Oct 16. Ole Miss @ Bama

Oct. 23 Ole Miss @ Arkansas

Oct. 30 Auburn @ Ole Miss

Nov. 6 La. Lafayette @ Ole Miss

Nov. 13 Ole Miss @ UT

Nov. 20 Ole Miss @ LSU

Nov. 27 Miss. State @ Ole Miss

Only game I won't go to next year as of right now is Ole Miss Tulane game. I may switch out and do that Penn State @ Bama game though.

See ya there.

Mine looks like this right now

Sept 4 Jacksonville State @ Ole Miss

Sept. 18 Vandy @ Ole Miss

Sept. 25 Fresno State @ Ole Miss

Oct. 2 Kentucky @ Ole Miss

Oct 16. Ole Miss @ Bama

Oct. 23 Ole Miss @ Arkansas

Oct. 30 Auburn @ Ole Miss

Nov. 6 La. Lafayette @ Ole Miss

Nov. 13 Ole Miss @ UT

Nov. 20 Ole Miss @ LSU

Nov. 27 Miss. State @ Ole Miss

Only game I won't go to next year as of right now is Ole Miss Tulane game. I may switch out and do that Penn State @ Bama game though.

Looks like you'll be doing some traveling, I would recommend hotels.com. I was able to get 2 nights at the Hyatt in Birmingham for $75 a night. Plus I was able to get the Radison in Nashville for about $70 a night for the weekend of a Titans game.

I have been to games at Bama, UT, Vandy, UK, and Cincinnati with hopes of expanding to more SEC stadiums in the future.

Looks like you'll be doing some traveling, I would recommend hotels.com. I was able to get 2 nights at the Hyatt in Birmingham for $75 a night. Plus I was able to get the Radison in Nashville for about $70 a night for the weekend of a Titans game.

I have been to games at Bama, UT, Vandy, UK, and Cincinnati with hopes of expanding to more SEC stadiums in the future.

Ya they have some great deals, right now the only one I should need a motel though is Ark. and maybe LSU. The drive to Baton Rouge and back for us in a day can be done but it's the outer limits of what I'm willing to do. If you aren't one of those bama fans that will be mean after you kill us next year we should tailgate it up! If you want to come to Oxford sometime too we have plenty of space. Nothing like the grove!

Ya they have some great deals, right now the only one I should need a motel though is Ark. and maybe LSU. The drive to Baton Rouge and back for us in a day can be done but it's the outer limits of what I'm willing to do. If you aren't one of those bama fans that will be mean after you kill us next year we should tailgate it up! If you want to come to Oxford sometime too we have plenty of space. Nothing like the grove!

If you were to give recommendations for hotel stays in Oxford, where should we look? We will be getting there Friday night and leaving on Sunday.

If you were to give recommendations for hotel stays in Oxford, where should we look? We will be getting there Friday night and leaving on Sunday.

How much are you looking to spend? They will all be fairly expensive on a football weekend, but some much much more expensive than others. I would also try making reservations right now because they will book up before long.

If I was going higher end I would Stay at Downtown Oxford Inn (first choice right on the square where everything will be kicking). Next I would stay at the Inn At Ole Miss, it's right on campus and was just renovated. The Hampton in is really nice too.

After that we just have things like Super 8, Holiday Inn and Days Inn. I've had family stay at all of these over the years be it graduation or game weekends and they are all fairly nice. The Super 8 and Days Inn are getting old but good management has done a good job of keeping the rooms clean in my experience.

If you want any phone numbers on this stuff to check prices let me know and I'll pull the phone book out and PM you.

How much are you looking to spend? They will all be fairly expensive on a football weekend, but some much much more expensive than others. I would also try making reservations right now because they will book up before long.

If I was going higher end I would Stay at Downtown Oxford Inn (first choice right on the square where everything will be kicking). Next I would stay at the Inn At Ole Miss, it's right on campus and was just renovated. The Hampton in is really nice too.

After that we just have things like Super 8, Holiday Inn and Days Inn. I've had family stay at all of these over the years be it graduation or game weekends and they are all fairly nic.e. The Super 8 and Days Inn are getting old but good management has done a good job of keeping the rooms clean in my experience.

If you want any phone numbers on this stuff to check prices let me know and I'll pull the phone book out and PM you.

I really appreciate the help. We only make 2 trips per year, so we don't worry TOO MUCH about costs...we want to be close to everything for the nights and stuff. I'll check with my crew, right now I think we have 8 coming down (unless the wives choose to go then it will be more).

• 5 months later...
I know it's still early, but what games are you planing to attend this fall?

A lot can happen between now and the start of football season, especially in this economy, but below is a list of games Mrs. S and I plan on attending. It's the most ambitious undertaking we've tried so far. We may not make them all, but planning and trying is half of the fun. A man has to have goals in life. :D

Last season somebody here on BGP attended a UC or UofL game and a UK game on the same day. We're going to give that a shot this year with the UK/Florida game. Logistics will be as much a problem as getting tickets. The Swamp is 2.5 hours drive time from Raymond James. Having renewed my season tickets, I've already paid for the WKU/USF game, so I'm not missing that.

In 2008, we were able to attend USF at UofL, USF at UC and the Jags at the Bengals games during our "Football" vacation. This year we are planning our vacation to include the games in the middle of the schedule, October 14th, 16th, and 22nd. The problem will be getting tickets to the UK game. I haven't been to Commonwealth Stadium since 1978. I'm really looking forward to that. All I need, now, is a high school game to go to on the 15th when we get into Lexington.

Sep. 11 USF at Florida *

Sep. 18 Tulsa at Oklahoma State

Sep. 25 Kentucky at Florida **

Oct. 02 FAU at USF

Oct. 09 Syracuse at USF

Oct. 16 South Carolina at Kentucky *

Oct. 30 Georgia vs Florida in Jacksonville *

Nov. 03 Rutgers at USF

Nov. 27 USF at Miami

Dec. 04 UConn at USF

* Depends on ticket availability. I won't pay more for one game than I do for my season tickets, even after my experience at FSU last year.

** Depends on ticket availability and start time. If I can get tickets, the game would have to start at noon and the WKU/USF game would have to start at 7 pm.

Did I mention that I love college football? :jump:

OK, I didn't get all 16 games, but I have tickets to 13 of them. The hotel rooms are booked for WVU, UofL, and Miami. I'm staying with family for the UC game. Here is what I have tickets for...

Sep. 11 USF at Florida

Oct. 02 FAU at USF

Oct. 09 Syracuse at USF

Oct. 16 South Carolina at Kentucky

Nov. 03 Rutgers at USF

Nov. 27 USF at Miami

Dec. 04 UConn at USF

Oh, yeah. I got my high school game scheduled, too. We're going from the West Virginia game to Cincinnati, instead of Lexington, and driving down for the SC/UK game on Saturday. My high school game on the 15th?

CovCath at Highlands. :ylsuper:

Mrs. S and I should be close to footballed out by December 5. Of course if the Bulls make a bowl game.....

:jump::jump::jump: