Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse 71 UC 54

Featured Replies

Final. Cuse closes with a 28-5 run over the last 12:00.

UC played really well for about 34 minutes, but just couldn't get anything going down the stretch. Cuse made some adjustments in the zone and were able to shut off what UC was doing to attack it...

That may have been the easiest college basketball bet of the year and UC could have covered somehow.

I haven't watched much of UC this year and I was totally irritated by their play down the stretch. I can only imagine what it is like for UC fans. I think I understand now why they are struggling with attendance. Syracuse's zone never looked so easy to beat in the middle and UC kept pumping up 30 ft. 3's. On the few times they did try to go inside they kept bobbling the ball away. Defense ... they looked lost. No team defense concept. Based on what I saw today this team looks like a ship without a rudder and that does not reflect well on Mick Cronin.

I haven't watched much of UC this year and I was totally irritated by their play down the stretch. I can only imagine what it is like for UC fans. I think I understand now why they are struggling with attendance. Syracuse's zone never looked so easy to beat in the middle and UC kept pumping up 30 ft. 3's. On the few times they did try to go inside they kept bobbling the ball away. Defense ... they looked lost. No team defense concept. Based on what I saw today this team looks like a ship without a rudder and that does not reflect well on Mick Cronin.

There is a serious void on this team, but it has very little to do with Cronin. There is zero leadership from anyone in the JR or SR class, and that's a nearly impossible situation to overcome...

There is a serious void on this team, but it has very little to do with Cronin. There is zero leadership from anyone in the JR or SR class, and that's a nearly impossible situation to overcome...

 

What has happened to Vaughn this year? You would think he would be the man leading them on the floor. Second, if Gates is an NBA draft pick, maybe even a first rounder, he has to step up and show it every night. Same for Stephenson. There are the guys who should be leading on the floor. Why isn't Mick putting it on them or do they not care?

What has happened to Vaughn this year? You would think he would be the man leading them on the floor. Second, if Gates is an NBA draft pick, maybe even a first rounder, he has to step up and show it every night. Same for Stephenson. There are the guys who should be leading on the floor. Why isn't Mick putting it on them or do they not care?

It's on Vaughn and he is simply not a natural leader. Never has been and never will be. Yancy and Lance have tried to fill that role at times, but they are too young to really grasp what it takes every minute of every game. I do see Yancy progressing a lot in that area lately and the reality is he has zero chance of being drafted at all this year so he should be back next season and hopefully he can continue to grow there.

 

The limitations with Vaughn are deep and go far back into his childhood. I really like the guy so I refuse to throw him under the bus on what he went through growing up. He helped keep the program above water in a dire situation, but I think a lot will change once he moves on...

Once they got down by more than 5 the game plan became "Jack It Up". Says a lot right there.......

Once they got down by more than 5 the game plan became "Jack It Up". Says a lot right there.......

Actually once they got down by 5 they went twice inside to Thomas and he turned it over both times. Turned into 5 quick Cuse points and they were down 10. Nice try...

Any way you spin it, they have lost back to back games by 18 and 17 when fighting for their tournament life.

Any way you spin it, they have lost back to back games by 18 and 17 when fighting for their tournament life.

No doubt. Need to play a lot better or the next month is going to be a total disaster...

GT, Chances that Born Ready or Yancey choose to go pro next year??

GT, Chances that Born Ready or Yancey choose to go pro next year??

 

Lance is likely to leave, but it's far from a sure thing yet. From the NBA people I've talked to there is no chance he's a lottery pick, and he's on the bubble to even be taken in the 1st round. Yancy isn't going to be drafted if he goes, so I expect him to be back...

I've always been a big UC fan, but I am finding this UC team very frustrating. In a word, they are underachieving and whenever I think that about a team, I think it reflects directly on the head coach. Cronin seems like a very nice guy and good, clean image for the school, but I no longer think he is the guy to take them to the next level. They will need to go on a very improbable run late in the season to make the tourney and, short of that, I wouldn't mind at all seeing him go. Probably won't happen, but I just see Cronin as a guy that will keep them a bottom tier Big East team that regularly struggles to have any shot at the tourney.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.