Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WVU profanity

Featured Replies

  • Author

True, it does happen everywhere. But let me tell you from personal experience that WVU makes most other student bodies look like rank amateurs with the profanity they use towards the opposition. Nothing and I mean nothing is off limits with them.

True, it does happen everywhere. But let me tell you from personal experience that WVU makes most other student bodies look like rank amateurs with the profanity they use towards the opposition. Nothing and I mean nothing is off limits with them.

 

What is your personal experience?

  • Author
What is your personal experience?

 

Lived there for 5 years, attended some WVU games. Still cheer for WVU when they aren't playing a team I may like better. Worked with tons of WVU grads and fans.

 

The part I love about their fans is that they absolutely want to get every advantage out of being the home team and are very passionate about their sports, ... especially football.

 

Don't get me wrong, some of the nicest people I have ever known are friends I made while in WV. I loved my time there. But no home fans can be rougher on opposing players and coaches than the Mountaineers.

As an Alum of WVU, I agree with you totally. Some fans are over the top, and I have to admit I have burned a few couches in my day! Now that I'm older, I do wish we were known for something a little more kinder. I go back several times a year to watch them play football, and go to watch them play the Cards in the 'Ville and up to Cincy when they are there.

  • Author
As an Alum of WVU, I agree with you totally. Some fans are over the top, and I have to admit I have burned a few couches in my day! Now that I'm older, I do wish we were known for something a little more kinder. I go back several times a year to watch them play football, and go to watch them play the Cards in the 'Ville and up to Cincy when they are there.

 

Nearly every fanbase has a certain percent that can be over the top. Had a guy that worked for me in WV that was a WVU alum and he used that exact same term having 'burned a few couches in his day'. Cracked me up. I never burned a couch in college, ... however 2 roomates of mine did burn a recliner one night! I guess that counts!

Nearly every fanbase has a certain percent that can be over the top. Had a guy that worked for me in WV that was a WVU alum and he used that exact same term having 'burned a few couches in his day'. Cracked me up. I never burned a couch in college, ... however 2 roomates of mine did burn a recliner one night! I guess that counts!

 

I believe they call that "guilt by association," don't they? :idunno::lol:

True, it does happen everywhere. But let me tell you from personal experience that WVU makes most other student bodies look like rank amateurs with the profanity they use towards the opposition. Nothing and I mean nothing is off limits with them.

 

See: South Carolina fans my man.

  • Author
I believe they call that "guilt by association," don't they? :idunno::lol:

 

I guess I would be an accessory as I didn't stop them and did watch it burn!!!

  • Author
See: South Carolina fans my man.

 

I have heard that they are high on that list as well. Never been to a game at SC, but know that their fans at UK games can get pretty wild.

I have heard that they are high on that list as well. Never been to a game at SC, but know that their fans at UK games can get pretty wild.

 

I've never been treated worse in my life, other than a few threads here on BGP, and that last part was a joke, only kidding. Seriously though, I even got kicked in the chin by a small boy and his Dad just laughed about it. That's the truth.

Huggs just had to take the mic Sam Wyche style to yell at the WVU students for throwing things on the floor. Stay classy Morgantown...

All that was missing was "You don't live in Morgantown....................wait......................" :lol:

Huggs just had to take the mic Sam Wyche style to yell at the WVU students for throwing things on the floor. Stay classy Morgantown...

 

Was that tonight's game?

 

If it was, my two favorite teams is WVU and whoever beats PITT

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.