Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC POY

Featured Replies

The stats are going to be comparable and Wall has the advantages of playing for a marquee program that is one of the front-runners for title contention and he's almost universally viewed as the #1 pick in this year's draft. Meanwhile, Downey plays for a team that will likely be playing in the NIT.

 

Right or wrong, those things will play a factor if the stats are similar and their play continues the way it has been. Stats, team success and individual hype...Downey loses on the last two, so I believe he needs to do one of two things (both would be good for him)...one is widen the statistical margin between he and Wall. The second is to outplay Wall in Rupp Arena and lead the Gamecocks to a season sweep of the Cats. Otherwise, I don't think he'll get it, unless Cousins goes Ross Perot and splits the vote. :lol:

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can this happen if Cousin's doesn't even get voted SEC Freshman of the week. In the words of an old friend of mind pitiful, pitiful, pitiful.

Arkansas Marshawn Powell avgs. 14 PTS, 7.5 REB and wins SEC Freshman of the Week; Cousins avgs. 24 and 11 and doesn't?

It's a conspiracy against UK

How can this happen if Cousin's doesn't even get voted SEC Freshman of the week. In the words of an old friend of mind pitiful, pitiful, pitiful.

Arkansas Marshawn Powell avgs. 14 PTS, 7.5 REB and wins SEC Freshman of the Week; Cousins avgs. 24 and 11 and doesn't?

 

I think they just wanted to spread it around a little bit. The UK frosh have already had tons of accolades. While I believe Big Cuz deserved it, I don't have a problem spreading it around a little bit.

I think they just wanted to spread it around a little bit. The UK frosh have already had tons of accolades. While I believe Big Cuz deserved it, I don't have a problem spreading it around a little bit.
It is player of the week award. Not the spread it around the league award. I don't usually have much to say about things like this, but the voting should have not been anywheres close for freshmen of the week. Could it be because of Cousin's antics that he did not get the votes.:idunno:
It is player of the week award. Not the spread it around the league award. I don't usually have much to say about things like this, but the voting should have not been anywheres close for freshmen of the week. Could it be because of Cousin's antics that he did not get the votes.:idunno:

 

I believe you could be correct.

I'd say at this point the POY award is down to a three horse race between Downey, Wall, and Cousins...I expect Wall to win it, but wouldn't be surprised at all if Downey does.

It's a conspiracy against UK

 

Not a conspiracy, but it is pretty bad. Cousins was a beast all week and everyone knows it.

 

But you make a good point about his antics costing him when the time comes to hand out awards at season's end.

 

If the season ended today, I think Downey gets the award. But I honestly think Cousins is the most dominant player in the conference.

I dont know. The kid from Arkansas had several career highs last week and I think some of his points were at critical times in a win. They also look past points and rebounds. Most points doesn't always translate into player of the game awards and the SEC might have been looking past that last week.

I dont know. The kid from Arkansas had several career highs last week and I think some of his points were at critical times in a win. They also look past points and rebounds. Most points doesn't always translate into player of the game awards and the SEC might have been looking past that last week.
True!
I dont know. The kid from Arkansas had several career highs last week and I think some of his points were at critical times in a win. They also look past points and rebounds. Most points doesn't always translate into player of the game awards and the SEC might have been looking past that last week.

 

Averaging 10 more points and 4 more rebounds per game should get it done though right?

 

I imagine the voters were tired of giving it it to a UK player. No biggie.

I dont know. The kid from Arkansas had several career highs last week and I think some of his points were at critical times in a win. They also look past points and rebounds. Most points doesn't always translate into player of the game awards and the SEC might have been looking past that last week.

 

Not taking anything away from the kid. He is indeed a good player who had a good week. But Cousins just dominated the paint for two games. I would especially think that playing against Vandy (i.e. Oglivy) would have translated into something bigger for Cuz.

 

Not a big deal. I just thought Cuz was more deserving. And I think it was his behavior against Vandy & the alleged punching of the USC fan that did him in--and this probably won't be the last time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.