Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X vs Manual

Featured Replies

We have an idea...approximately 40%.

 

We do not ask for the race of our students on the financial aid form. That is not considered in the decision.

I understand, I just figured the school would have an idea which students are on aid after they're in the system.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does one get into Manual who may have went to T.J.? Do they use a test to accept kids or look at middle school grades?

How does one get into Manual who may have went to T.J.? Do they use a test to accept kids or look at middle school grades?

They apply.

ok, so what determines acception?? How does Manual decide to accept a kid?

ok, so what determines acception?? How does Manual decide to accept a kid?

A variety of test scores (mine: CATS, ACTs (yes, I took it in the 7th grade), a whole bunch of others... I'm a born standardized test taker, I made sure they got to see plenty of mine :D ) essays, grades, teacher recomendations, diversity of student population, all looked at through a prisim of which program. VA students must submit a portfolio, YPAS students must audition.

 

There are others, I'm sure.

what if a kid made a lot of d's in middle school. Do you think they would be accepted?

what if a kid made a lot of d's in middle school. Do you think they would be accepted?

Depends. Are they all in English, and he's applying for MST? Did he really bomb in the first half and get it together in 7th and 8th grade? Do his test scores show he has great, unrealized potential?

I have no idea but the student is usually in grade trouble and is ruled ineligible to play every so often

I have no idea but the student is usually in grade trouble and is ruled ineligible to play every so often

Well, it would matter. It would also depend on ALL the other elements I mentioned, like teacher recomendations and the consideration of the diversity of student population.

To be perfectly honest, my grades have never been the greatest at any level. Homework is for the birds... ;)

To be perfectly honest, my grades have never been the greatest at any level. Homework is for the birds... ;)

 

Amen.

What sickens me is that people like Sexton and the Manual principal KNOW the procedures used by the private schools and they choose to ignore that information. I find them disgusting.

 

I find Dr. Bev to be quite the BABE! :ylsuper:

Back on to the Topic:

 

 

:fire: TIGERS ATTACK HERD OF LAMBIKINS IN OPEN FIELD ON BURNETT :fire:

 

 

:ylsuper: CHECK'S HAS MUTTON STEW SPECIAL ON FRIDAY NIGHT :ylsuper:

That may be as big a pile of manure as I've ever read. And I had to edit it to make it say manure. First this isn't politics, it is our kids. Second, the education officials of this state have a duty to all children, not just the children of public schools. If athletic scholarships are being given it is against the rules. The burden of proof is on those who would make the charge. Third, there is copious evidence that the financial aid is awarded properly. The private schools have to use a service that is approved by the KHSAA. Sexton knows that. The Manual principal knows that. Every one of the miserable excuses for a human being making these proposals should know it.
Legistation is always political, if you find that distasteful I am sorry, I am not disagreeing with you, but it is what it is. I am just calling it what it is, I am not supporting it. But to call them miserable human beings is hyperbole at best. This is high school sports, not academics. It is not life or death or going to destroy your kids.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.