Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highschool transfer rule

Featured Replies

Leatherneck I agree with you the kids should play, my point is sometimes their are double standards, I think the State sometimes back down because of who they are. This was not a pun on Highlands just the system as a hole.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leatherneck I agree with you the kids should play, my point is sometimes their are double standards, I think the State sometimes back down because of who they are. This was not a pun on Highlands just the system as a hole.

 

So far I've seen HHS, NCC, HC, Scott Co and Boone listed. Quite a diverse lineup so I don't see what you're saying about "who they are".

Not the Schools the kids.

If I understand, you're saying the individual families have the pull to back the state down?

Leatherneck I agree with you the kids should play, my point is sometimes their are double standards, I think the State sometimes back down because of who they are. This was not a pun on Highlands just the system as a hole.

 

I realize the sentiment is out there that the State (and I assume you mean the KHSAA) backs down (and I assume you mean in contesting transfers) because of who they are (and I assume you mean certain schools/kids/parents that have political or other influence). If my assumptions are incorrect, I apologize. But if my assumptions are correct, it has been my experience and observation that such is not the case. I do think that transfers to the "have schools" if you will, face a little tougher amount of scrutiny. Perhaps that's only logical because the "athletic motive" issue is more likely to be present in some cases (not all) when kids transfer to the "have schools" (is the kid transferring to play on a state championship team or to play for a team that will help him/her get a scholarship). Then again, some kids transfer away from the "have schools" because those kids think they'll get more playing time, have better stats, etc. at a "have not school". The latter would constitute an athletic motive also.

Leatherneck is right, but I hate the vagueness of these rules, and the belief by many that the rules may be in place to make things fair, but it would appear certain teams get more transfers than others, and certain schools have no problem getting transfers cleared while others struggle with it. (From a sports perspective.)

 

"If it supposed to be about the kids", the common refrain heard, then again, I would l like to see either no rule, and you can transfer as you like, or be strict about things. The vast middle ground is where the stumbling blocks are, and what folks bicker about.

 

The vagueness stinks but unfortunately is a necessity. There are just way too many factors and facts to have precise, black and white rules, unless we want to see kids that should be playing being determined to be ineligible just for the sake of having black and white rules. It's sort of like Democracy. A very inefficient and at times ugly method of governance, but still the best form of governance.

Leatherneck you make some great points. I see it in girls more than Boys and yes I think if the KHSAA knows the parents will and have the money to fight it they take a step back.

See Makie Highlands, see Arnold HC, see Moss Boone and the list goes on.

 

Not sure about Arnold but don't think you can compare Macke and Moss situation, Macke transfers to Highlands after her mother passed away and she move in with her aunt in Ft Thomas, after getting custody of her. Moss I don't believe ever moved cause her brother still is in the Ryle School system.

Indiana HSAA granted "limited eligibility" to a kid today who transferred to Cathedral. He is only allowed to play JV basketball.

See Makie Highlands, see Arnold HC, see Moss Boone and the list goes on.

 

Who's Makie?

 

Not sure about Arnold but don't think you can compare Macke and Moss situation, Macke transfers to Highlands after her mother passed away and she move in with her aunt in Ft Thomas, after getting custody of her. Moss I don't believe ever moved cause her brother still is in the Ryle School system.

 

Now I see why you (dennis12b) didn't answer my question about who is Macke. WOW!!!

Miss Macke played freshman volleyball at NCC and I believe that the Macke's ( Chris and Tricia )actually adopted the young lady before then . Good people .

Yes they are very good people, and I am not upset that she got to play. And yes Tricia is her Aunt, Bully you don't have much right in your comment. Moss plays Football for Boone as an 8th grader, and the Makie girl was at NCC for two years before she went to Highlands.

Yes they are very good people, and I am not upset that she got to play. And yes Tricia is her Aunt, Bully you don't have much right in your comment. Moss plays Football for Boone as an 8th grader, and the Makie girl was at NCC for two years before she went to Highlands.

 

Moss played football? Didn't she play for Ryle as an 8th grader?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.