Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

Featured Replies

Still no brackets which baffles me. I'm working on it yall.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game matchups on Saturday. I still do not have access to the brackets.

 

12pm Conner vs Dixie Heights

 

1:30pm. Cooper vs Holy Cross

 

3pm NCC vs CovCath

 

4:30pm Holmes vs St. Hank

 

6pm Simon Kenton Vs Beechwood

 

7:30pm Ryle Vs Boone Co

 

Good Luck to all the teams.

How did they determine who got byes? Surprised to see Boone and Cov Cath playing in 1st round.

Records of larger enrollment schools and smaller enrollment schools. I had heard that Highlands (14-5 overall and 14-4 against Nky schools) and St Henry (13-9 unsure what NKY record was) were tied and they had to draw that top seed. How a team 13-9 is considered tied is beyond me but just what I heard. I am assuming Scott had the best record out of the larger schools and if they tied CovCath they also drew between the 2.

 

Brackets are out but I am posting from my Blackberry and this may be tough to decipher.

 

Scott plays the Conner/Dixie winner. Cooper/HC winner plays NCC/CovCath winner. This is the top bracket.

 

Bottom bracket is Highlands taking on Holmes/St Hank winner. Sk/Beechwood winner taking on Boone Co/Ryle winner.

 

Quarterfinal games for top bracket are on Feb 8th at 6pm and 7:30pm. Quarterfinal games for bottom bracket are Feb 10th at 6pm and 7:30pm. Semis are Feb 13th at 6pm and 7:30pm and Finals are on Feb 15th at 7:30pm.

 

My fingers are spent!

I thought this tourney was a total blind draw, and that sometimes however they re-drew if things fell a certain way. Maybe it has changed, but I know a couple years back, all the strongest teams were on one side of the bracket. That year Boone played Dixie in the finals which was not even a contest. Boone and Cov Cath went to three OT's I think in the semi's. Still probably the best frosh game I have ever witnessed.

Not really, one per team and more for those who advance deep into the tournament.

 

22 is a lot when you have 14 teams? I like recognizing kids, but awards should be for those that truly deserve them. This is not T-Ball or micro soccer.

22 is a lot when you have 14 teams? I like recognizing kids, but awards should be for those that truly deserve them. This is not T-Ball or micro soccer.

 

17 seems like a better number. (3)-Champions, (2) Runner-up, and one each for the remainder. BTW, the Champion should also have the MOP award as part of their 3.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.