Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

East Carter 69 Elliott County 57

Featured Replies

Final per KHSAA

Elliott was up early like 9-2 but after the first quarter East pretty much took control the rest of the way and led by double digits pretty much from the last 2 min. of the 2nd qt. until the end. Good win for the Raiders puts them in the drivers seat in the 62nd at 3-0.

Great job by East. They continue to improve. This may be the year that they return to Rupp. Elliott, um.... I'm not sure what to think. Maybe they can learn from the mistakes of this game.

Did anybody attend the game because I hope they saw what I saw. I believe there was a little to many shots taken by one player. Just wondering if anybody saw what I saw.

30+ Tell us what you saw?

Did anybody attend the game because I hope they saw what I saw. I believe there was a little to many shots taken by one player. Just wondering if anybody saw what I saw.

 

Do you think he took more tonight than the 39 he took when the two played at Elliott in early Dec.

This is getting ridiculous and honestly quite pathetic. It's every time these two teams play. These are kids playing. Obviously, the coach wants him to shoot that many times and thinks that they need him to. :idunno:

 

We get it. East fans think Barnhill is better. Elliott fans think Knipp is better.

This is getting ridiculous and honestly quite pathetic. It's every time these two teams play. These are kids playing. Obviously, the coach wants him to shoot that many times and thinks that they need him to. :idunno:

 

We get it. East fans think Barnhill is better. Elliott fans think Knipp is better.

 

Where did anybody say anything about Barnhill? I think that there were a couple of Elliott fans debating Knipp's shot selection and that was it. Please don't drag Colt's name into this when it had nothing to do in regards to him or East Carter.

This is getting ridiculous and honestly quite pathetic. It's every time these two teams play. These are kids playing. Obviously, the coach wants him to shoot that many times and thinks that they need him to. :idunno:

 

We get it. East fans think Barnhill is better. Elliott fans think Knipp is better.

 

I am not comparing the two teams in any way. From what I saw, do you think that he is helping the team out by taking that many shots! Elliott has a pretty good team and if the coach thinks that he needs to shoot that many times for them to win an be successful then it makes me question the coaching, if that is what you are referring to for them to win; just saying. I know these are kids playing and they should enjoy every minute of it. All I am saying is that I really don't believe I have attended a High School basketball game and seen a kid take that many shots without any reprehension.

Good win by East. I picked Elliott because I thought they had been playing better. Sounds from the comments that Elliott may be a bit too one-dimensional.

Someone earlier posted the state leaders showing Knipp leading the state in scoring. Anyone have his field goals attempted and field goals made stats? I want to see what all the fuss is about.

I am pretty sure Knipp is averaging close to 30 shots a game and around 31 pts per game. I noticed the big Ison kid was scoring in the 20's and double digit rebounds about every game in the beginning, and now you dont hear nothin about him. Has he been sick.....or just isn't getting any shot's?

Someone earlier posted the state leaders showing Knipp leading the state in scoring. Anyone have his field goals attempted and field goals made stats? I want to see what all the fuss is about.

 

Don't know for the season but in two games v. East he was 12-39 and 12-30 last night. I was at the game I have no problem with number of shots taken but of shot selection too many 3's especially with Barnhill out. Barnhill only played about 3:30-4:00 min. the entire first half and East pulled away durning that time. Knipp was 5 inches taller than anyone East had on the floor durning that stretch and not one time did he go and post up on the block. JMO

Don't know for the season but in two games v. East he was 12-39 and 12-30 last night. I was at the game I have no problem with number of shots taken but of shot selection too many 3's especially with Barnhill out. Barnhill only played about 3:30-4:00 min. the entire first half and East pulled away durning that time. Knipp was 5 inches taller than anyone East had on the floor durning that stretch and not one time did he go and post up on the block. JMO

 

 

I think it seemed as bad as it did because he shot 16 3's at 6'7''. I don't think I have ever seen him postup and score from making a post move; you are totally right. I wish someone would tell him that he doesn't have to have 40 everynight for colleges to look at him. This kid is a beast at the high school level and he is going to get noticed (already has)but he needs to understand that they look at more than just how many points you have. We need him to shoot and be the best player on the floor, no doubt, but there has to be better ways of getting him looks. Cody Nickell is a great shooter and I have never seen a set play for Cody coming off a screen. Just saying, there are better ways of making a basketballl team win than just coming down the floor and firing one up.

Through the West Carter game (Jan.5) Knipp was 39-134 3s= 29% and 113-199 2s = 57%.

He has taken 38% of the total team shots.There is some good information for the coach in these numbers!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.