Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

What has happened to all the middle school threads on here? I miss reading them and keeping up on everyone.

What has happened to all the middle school threads on here? I miss reading them and keeping up on everyone.

 

In NKY, most schools have not had regular games. I know that a few participated in a holiday tourney at Dayton.

  • Author
In NKY, most schools have not had regular games. I know that a few participated in a holiday tourney at Dayton.

 

I really enjoyed reading about all the games and teams. It sounds like there are a lot of good basketball teams and players in NKY. I look forward to the threads starting back since I don't get a chance to actually see them. Thanks for the reply.

The finals for the Dayton tournament are tonight at 8Pm. It is between Turkeyfoot and Twinhoffel. It seems that the turkeyfoot coach has decided to play his best players the last couple of games instead of letting all of the players play. They seem to be doing well going with a 7-8 man rotation. Brian Radcliff is doing an awesome job but would be better served playing the point and putting Daria on the wing to allow for more open threes for him. Caple is playing very well along with Smith. Tony is doing well, but during crunch time the coach might think about putting in Moore who has surer hands and that would put 5 ball handlers on the court. Not sure why he doesn't play man-to-man more. He has 5 very fast players that can handle any team mtm and run an awesome press if he would do it. This would allow the team to get up by 20 and then he could rotate in his bench players one or two at a time and get them all playing time. Look for turkeyfoot to be in the hunt for the tournament title!

The finals for the Dayton tournament are tonight at 8Pm. It is between Turkeyfoot and Twinhoffel. It seems that the turkeyfoot coach has decided to play his best players the last couple of games instead of letting all of the players play. They seem to be doing well going with a 7-8 man rotation. Brian Radcliff is doing an awesome job but would be better served playing the point and putting Daria on the wing to allow for more open threes for him. Caple is playing very well along with Smith. Tony is doing well, but during crunch time the coach might think about putting in Moore who has surer hands and that would put 5 ball handlers on the court. Not sure why he doesn't play man-to-man more. He has 5 very fast players that can handle any team mtm and run an awesome press if he would do it. This would allow the team to get up by 20 and then he could rotate in his bench players one or two at a time and get them all playing time. Look for turkeyfoot to be in the hunt for the tournament title!

 

From what I have seen of Turkeyfoot they are a 3pt shooting team. They have no real big kids. If they aren't making the 3's they are definately beatable. I watched Highlands beat them doing just what I said. The bigs from HMS manhandled the inside of Turkeyfoot. Parker Kenney is the best player on that team. He can definately play..:thumb:

This should be a nice battle in Dayton tonight in the 8th grade finals. Great job from Jim Donelan and his helpers who put on a fantastic tourney!

I think Dayton puts on a great tournament.

 

Walton-Verona won the 7th grade division and I think Blessed Sacrament won the 6th.

 

Twenhofel had a great showing. All three teams made the finals.

FLEMING CO 8th Grade Won their 26 game of the year over lexington Catholic to go 26-0 for now.

Which teams were in the 7th grade division? Walton is one 7th grade team I have not watched play this year. The 7th grade teams from Ockerman, Gray, Tichenor, St Joe-Cold Spring, are all very strong, if they beat any of these teams in the tourney, they must be strong as well.

FLEMING CO 8th Grade Won their 26 game of the year over lexington Catholic to go 26-0 for now.
What was the score?

Turkeyfoot beat Twinhofel last night and will play for the championship this Saturday at 5:30 at Dayton. Turkeyfoot does have several players that can shoot from outside, however, Caple can post up inside and drive quite well. When given the opportunity Radcliff can beat anyone 1v1 and his leaping ability allows him to pull up for an inside shot if needed.

 

In the HHS game, the turkeyfoot coach was still "evaluating his players" and playing all different line-up combinations. As I stated earlier he has gone away from this and they are playing quite well now. I'd bet on a totally different outcome when HHS and TF meet again!

Turkeyfoot beat Twinhofel last night and will play for the championship this Saturday at 5:30 at Dayton. Turkeyfoot does have several players that can shoot from outside, however, Caple can post up inside and drive quite well. When given the opportunity Radcliff can beat anyone 1v1 and his leaping ability allows him to pull up for an inside shot if needed.

 

In the HHS game, the turkeyfoot coach was still "evaluating his players" and playing all different line-up combinations. As I stated earlier he has gone away from this and they are playing quite well now. I'd bet on a totally different outcome when HHS and TF meet again!

 

That is why I said you don't play man against TF you play zone. You make TF beat you from the outside..Both of HHS's big guys have 3 to 4 inches on Caple. I doubt he would be able to post them up very effectively..HHS was up 18 at one point and ended up winning by 8 I believe..I think if they played again it would be a similar result. JMO:thumb:

FLEMING CO 8th Grade Won their 26 game of the year over lexington Catholic to go 26-0 for now.

 

Has Fleming Co played Conner, Walton or Gray? Just wondering how they would do against the best of the 8th grade N. KY teams.

Has Fleming Co played Conner, Walton or Gray? Just wondering how they would do against the best of the 8th grade N. KY teams.

 

Fleming beat Conner in Conner's first game out this year. It was in the preseason preview over at Lloyd. The game was close throughout. Might see a rematch at the state tournament. I think it would be another good one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.